Model 1000 - Base Station
The BaseStation 1000™ is the newest addition to Baseline’s family of intelligent irrigation controllers. With all the technology that you’ve come to expect from Baseline, the BaseStation 1000 is designed to be simple to use, but smart enough to handle your toughest watering needs. You’ll love how much time, money and water you’ll save with the new BaseStation 1000 from Baseline.
Essential Features for Intelligent Watering
Baseline's BaseStation 1000 is a smart controller designed to provide the features that are essential for intelligent watering. The BaseStation 1000 works with Baseline’s patented two-wire technology and conventional wire and retrofit solutions. The BaseStation 1000 comes standard with flow monitoring and management options, support for Baseline’s soil moisture sensors, mobile access, and central control connectivity.
Right out of the box, the BaseStation 1000 irrigation controller is ready to transform your site. The BaseStation 1000 can operate 50 zones, manage 1 complete point of connection (master valve, flow sensor, and pump), and support 20 programs and 10 soil moisture sensors. The BaseStation 1000 can be expanded to support up to 100 zones, 3 points of connection, 40 programs, and 20 sensors.
Ease of Use – Redefined
Really! The intuitive and logical interface of the BaseStation 1000 is remarkably simple to use. You’ll never have to guess where a feature is located or struggle to figure out how to program it. Plus, the BaseStation 1000 has built-in help screens that are almost like having the manual open to the right page with the press of a button.
A Revolutionary Way to Connect
The BaseStation 1000 irrigation controller is equipped for Baseline’s LiveView™, which makes your controller accessible from any Internet-ready device. Connect your controller to the Internet through the built-in Ethernet port, and then use LiveView to manage your controller anytime-anywhere just as if you were standing in front of it. With Baseline, you may never need to talk to an IT guy again!
The BaseStation 1000 is also compatible with other communication options like Wi-Fi, Cell Modem, and Mesh Radio, so connecting to BaseManager 2.0 is easy and affordable. BaseManager 2.0 will change the way you manage your sites because it is the easiest to use, most comprehensive central control product ever created, and it’s only available from Baseline.
- High contrast 3.25” backlit mono LCD screen
- Screen resolution 128x64 pixels
- Screen LCD brightness of 250 lumens for easy viewing in direct sunlight
- Supports up to 100 zones in any combination of two-wire and conventional wire*
- Supports up to 40 separate programs with overlapping run times*
- Supports up to 20 biSensor Soil Moisture Sensors*
- Supports up to 3 points of connection (POC). Each POC Supports a flow sensor or meter, which manages and monitors flow across a site as independent or connected hydraulic systems*
- Operates up to 7 normally open or normally closed master valves and pump starts for the entire system including booster pumps*
- Supports up to 7 separate normally closed or normally open pause or event devices—each device can be used to control per-program start, stop or pause behavior*
- Concurrently operates up to 15 typical AC solenoids over two-wire or up to 6 typical AC solenoids over conventional wire
- Concurrently operates up to 100 DC-latching solenoids
- Maximizes watering efficiency and minimizes total irrigation time by using Intelligent Soak Cycles™ to prioritize cycles for zones that have already started to water over zones that have not started
- Automatically stacks up to 10 overlapping programs. The system can run any number of programs concurrently if permitted by the zone concurrency settings.
- Learns the actual flow for each zone when one or more flow meters are configured in the system
- Executes a high-flow or low-flow shutdown based on total system flow or on flow per flow meter
- Intelligently schedules watering based on available flow to maximize concurrent valve operation and minimize total water time
- Runs a diagnostic test weekly on normally open master valves to help prevent a normally open master valve from “sticking” open
- Detects and repairs all address conflicts for devices that are connected to the two-wire from the controller
- Supports two-way communication with two-wire decoders (biCoders) to gather information about the two-wire voltage and communication integrity, the solenoid voltage and current, and status (open circuit, short circuit, or ok)
- Stores all program and history information in non-volatile memory
- Program up to 8 start times per program in 10-minute increments
- Program the run times for zones from 1 second to 18 hours in 1 second increments
- Program the day intervals in even days, odd days, or odd days excluding the 31st
- Create a custom 7-day calendar, and historical calendar with customizable half-months
- Program unique soak and cycle times (Intelligent Soak Cycles™) for each program. Soak times can be programmed between 0 minutes and 18 hours.
- Specify hours during each day of the week when water can or cannot be applied (Water Windows) in 1-hour increments for each 24-hour period
- Assign start, stop, and pause irrigation modes to each program, including timed-based, event-based, and soil moisture sensor-based behaviors
- Manually enter a design flow for each zone, with or without an installed flow meter
- Automatically calibrate soil moisture thresholds and make irrigation decisions based on those thresholds.
- Adjust seasonal water budget from 10% to 200% by program
- Schedule up to 8 future “event” dates when no watering will occur
- Manually operate one zone, or all zones of a program, with programmable run times, delay before starting first zone, and time between zones
- Search for and identify all devices connected to the two-wire and list them according to device type and serial number
- Address two-wire decoders (biCoders) by serial number by assigning each zone address a device serial number
- Re-address any two-wire decoder (biCoder) from the controller by re-assigning the device’s serial number to a new zone address
- Assign any station or terminal number on a multi-station biCoder from the controller to any zone address in any order
- Back up all programming and historical data with any USB flash drive
- Establish 3 levels of local and remote PIN protection: status & stop, manual runs, and full programming access
- Configure pipe-stabilization time for flow management
Messages and Alerts
- Provides real-time soil moisture measurements and watering feedback to the user
- Includes integrated tools and software that self-diagnose problems and generate alerts and messages, and then displays the messages on the screen and remotely
- Displays on-screen historical run time information that includes total run time and water used for the last two watering days
- Displays actual or estimated flow values
- Displays a 7-day scalable soil moisture graph with 12 readings per day
- Displays all pause and stop conditions in message screens that are accessible from the main screen. The system displays one message for each condition, and the user can clear each message independently.
- Displays high flow alerts, low flow alerts, pause messages and conditions, and rain delays, wire faults, as well as other operating conditions
Central Control and Remote Control
- Connect the BaseStation 1000 to BaseManager 2.0 central control when configured with an approved communication module. Communication options include built-in Ethernet, Wi-Fi, cellular modem, Ethernet radios, and Long Haul Ethernet wired communications.
- Program and operate a BaseStation 1000 from BaseManager 2.0 central control and LiveView
- Receive email and text message alerts when connected to BaseManager 2.0 central control
- Perform manual operations remotely with Mobile Access when connected to BaseManager 2.0 central control
- Requires 120 VAC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz and a minimum of a 5 amp breaker
- Requires a certified electrician for hard-wire installation
- Station Output: 30 VAC RMS over two-wire
- Supports up to 1.45 amp output
- The controller powers down the two-wire after one minute of idle time
- Drive current to a decoder is 100 to 250 milliamps (depending on the solenoid)
- Supports up to 110 device loads on a two-wire path
-1, 2, and 4 station biCoders = 1/2 load
-12 to 24 station Powered biCoder = 2 loads
-Soil Moisture Sensor = 1 load
-Flow biCoder or Flow Sensor = 3 loads
- Requires a typical solenoid with approximately 400 milliamps of inrush current and approximately 200 milliamps holding current Surge
- 10 levels of surge protection
- Up to 5 levels of surge protection built into the controller boards
- Minimum surge response time of 1 picosecond