Model 12 Row 22 - Twelve-Row Folding Defoliator
This innovative Twelve-Row Folding Defoliator is the only folding topper in the market. It offers patented construction that folds to a narrow thirteen-foot wide profile for safe, easy transportation. It features two six-row wings that independently follow the contour of the ground, allowing more precise coverage of beet crowns, even on rougher terrain. In addition, the defoliator’s unique two-gearbox design distributes operating loads more uniformly, enhancing overall dependability.
- Hydraulic Folding Wings allows machine width to be reduced to 13’ for transport and storage requirements. [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
- Floating Six-Row Wings have individual depth controls. As a result, beet crowns get more precise and uniform treatment.
- Special Bearing Bracket for the inside rotor mount places the bearing within the flail tube for maximum protection and increased reliability. [ 3 ]
- Two High-Capacity Gearboxes keep six drive belts short and offer a choice of rotor rotation. [ 4 ]
- Each of the six-row shafts is driven by a 3C Power Band Belt, delivering highly reliable power transfer while reducing belt fatigue and replacement cost. [ 5 ]
- Extra-Large Clearance within the rotor housing reduces soil build-up.
- Folding Linkage specially designed to use vertical hydraulic cylinders to fold to a very narrow profile. [ 4 ]
- Hydraulic Front and Rear cylinders make height adjustments easy.
- New Style Hitch allows PTO to run at a reduced angle. [ 6 ]
- New Replaceable Drive Shaft in flail tube.
- Wing Lift Cylinders (cylinders vs. ratchet jack on back wing tires) aid in leveling and lifting defoliator.
- Rear Steer allows turning in narrow headlands and irrigated land.
- Front Stabilizer Wheels prevents topper from dipping in the corners. [ 7 ]
- Mechanical Knife Scalpers or Ground Driven Circular Rotating Scalpers (now with new easier to adjust design) top beets giving growers the best possible performance in a variety of difficult harvesting conditions. [ 8 ]
- Rear Row finder to align equipment over the row hydraulically.