Model 250-7S, 250-7SB, 385SD, 440SD, 540SD, 680SD, 760SD - Gravity Wagons
The road to farming is rugged, full of unexpected obstacles, bumps, twists and turns. That is why since 1960, J&M has built tank-like gravity wagons to get you through the worst conditions with ease. The heavy duty tank construction features steep slopes, corner valley slats and a sump design, providing fast and easy clean-out, even in high moisture grains. The front wheels feature an automotive tow setting for true-tracking. Offset runners allow you to make the tightest turns with ease. A pull through extended rear hitch eliminates the stress on the rear axle during tandem towing. Reinforced sleeved spindles provide maximum strength and durability, allowing you to hold more and travel faster in the harshest conditions without failure, while the cushion tongue smoothly activates the two or four wheel hydraulic drum brakes. The new style rocking bolster increases stability, yet provides flexibility in rough terrain.
SMALL CAPACITY GRAVITY WAGONS
- For over five decades and with over 50,000 sold to datemodels 250-7S and 250-7SB have proven to be well-constructedreliable and economical wagons.
Model 250-7 Gravity Wagon
- 165 Bushel Capacity (no sideboards)
- 8 Ton Capacity Running Gear
Model 250-7SB Gravity Wagon
- 250 Bushel Capacity (includes 15” tall sideboards)
- 10 Ton Capacity Running Gear
- Optional Rocking Bolster
Model 385-24 Gravity Wagon
- 385 Bushel Capacity
- 13 Ton Capacity Running Gear
- Standard Rocking Bolster
- Sleeved Spindles for Maximum Strength
- Optional Metering Door
- Optional Dual Compartments with Separate Positive Lock Doors for Independent Operation
MEDIUM AND LARGE CAPACITY GRAVITY WAGONS
Models 440SD, 540SD, 680SD and 760SD Gravity Wagons
- 680 or 760 bushel capacity with 24 ton running gear with “cushion” tongue and four-wheel drum brakes. Dual compartments available.
- 440 or 540 bushel capacity with 16 ton running gear with “cushion” tongue and two-wheel drum brakes. Dual compartments available.
- Patented side discharge chute adjusts from 14” to 19” tall unloading height in seconds without tools.
- Offset steel runners allow for a sharper turning radius and greater mobility.
- Heavy-duty 3” (16 ton) or 3 3/8” (24 ton) diameter sleeved spindles provide maximum strength and durability.
- Pull through extended rear hitch eliminates stress on the rear axle during tandem towing. Rear 7-prong connector receptacle provided for easy hook-up.
- Heavy-duty 12 ga. tank and side construction.
- Tank sump design and valley flats provide complete cleanout... even in high moisture grain.
- Steep end slopes and wide door for faster unloading. A high-intensity lamp near door is included.
- Standard metering door with heavy-duty gear reduction door opener for effortless opening, even when the box is completely full!
- New style rocking bolster increases stability, yet provides flexibility in rough terrain. Rubber cushion pads between gravity box and running gear reduces noisy ‘chatter’ during empty transport.
- Tie rods are positioned behind the axle for greater protection. Front wheels have an automotive tow setting for true-tracking.
- Bronze bushings are located at steering wear points for easy and inexpensive maintenance.
- Medium and large size gravity wagons feature a “cushion” tongue that activates the braking process. Dual springs at the rear of the tongue help lift the tongue for easy hook up.
- Pull-through rear hitch eliminates the stress on the rear axle from tandem hauling.
INTERNATIONAL GRAVITY WAGONS
- Bolt together design for container shipping
- 16 Ton Running Gear
- Same quality specs as our standard gravity wagons