Model 30° - Composite Rupture Disc (Bursting Disc)
The Composite Rupture Disc for a 7I holder has a 30° Seat configuration and consists of two or more metallic or non-metallic components. The components typically consist of a metallic top section and metallic or non-metallic seal, with an option al vacuum support, protective rings, gaskets or outlet liner. The Composite Rupture Disc top section is manufactured with a patented seven hole pattern, and with six pre-cut sections providing a non-fragmenting design when used with a non-metallic or Teflon seal.
- Nominal Size Range: 1 ' - 30 ' ( 25 mm - 750 mm )
- Burst Pressure Range: 2 psig- 1440 psig ( 0,138 barg - 99,3 barg )
- Recommended Operating Ratio: 80 % of the rupture disc's rated (stamped) burst pressure.
- Seating Configuration: 30° Seat
- Service: Liquid or Gas
- B.D.I. Alarm System Compatible? : Yes
- ASME Code Symbol Stamp Available? : Yes
- Materials not indicated or shown may be available by special design. Contact the factory for more information.
(B.D.I.) Burst Disc Indicator
Continental Disc Corporation's Burst Disc Indicator (B.D.I.) Alarm System is designed specifically for use with C.D.C. Rupture Discs. Upon disc rupture, the Burst Disc Indicator strip is severed, disrupting the flow of electric current through the strip. An attached alarm monitor can then transmit a warning and/or activate appropriate equipment.
Enviroguard Pipe End Covers
Protect free vent rupture disc piping and safety relief valve outlets from unwanted foreign material, rain, insects or birds by installing the ENVIRO GUARD pipe end cover. It is available for 90° or 45° pipe ends and may be purchased with an optional retrieval rope to retain cover near the location after venting.
Heat Shields are typically used to reduce the process temperature to which a rupture disc is exposed. Heat Shields are used where Teflon or other exotic material liners are required for corrosion resistance or as part of the rupture disc itself in combination with high process temperature.