Model 355 SD - Squirrel
The 35 5 SQUIRREL is the ideal machine for orchards because of its robust construction and many features. The 35 5 model is designed primarily for picking and pruning trellised orchards. With the SQUIRRELs side swing cage (rotated left or right) the operator can comfortably pick as the SQUIRREL is driven straight down the row of a trellised orchard, even on steep terrain.
Planetary Drive Wheel Hubs
Drive wheel planetary hubs are specially made for Crendon Machinery and feature
- large 6:1 reduction gearbox with an integrated hydraulic motor and incorporate fail safe multi-disc wet brakes as standard.
- These brakes work when driving down a slope and eliminates creep and overrun.
- Hubs have quick spring loaded disengage freewheeling as standard.
- large tapered wheel bearings & cogs; the hub is twice the weight of our competitors.
- Special seals on the brake piston for long life.
- Custom made hydraulic motors are fitted to give very high torque at low speed with 200 bar seals.
- SQUIRRELs are fitted with special valving that give a soft start and stop, greatly reducing the jerky effect that other cherry pickers have.