Model 41 Elite Series - Plant Growth Chambers
These chambers are frequently used for research applications such as lighting for vascular plants to facilitate standard plant production, plant pathology research and seed germination and development. The chambers are available in multiple sizes. Compare your requirements to theThese chambers are frequently used for research applications such as lighting for vascular plants to facilitate standard plant production, plant pathology research and seed germination and development. The chambers are available in multiple sizes. Compare your requirements to the specifications listed here. specifications listed here.
Here are just some of the quality features found in our Reach-In Plant Growth Chambers:
- Sturdy 18 and 22-gauge steel interiors and exteriors built to last much longer than less sturdy aluminum options.
- Utilizes both fluorescent and incandescent lighting for uniform light intensity and optimal plant growth.
- Dimmable ballasts, alone or in combination with light sensors, for precise irradiance control.
- IntellusUltra Controller allows you to control temperature, humidity (optional), CO2 (optional) and lighting. IntellusUltra Web Server (optional) lets you program and monitor your growth chamber from your desk, laptop or phone.
Percival Scientific is proud to offer as standard what others may offer as optional. These features include:
- IntellusUltra and IntellusUltra Web Server– An environmental control system offering Ethernet and Internet capabilities.
- Specialty lighting - including our optional patented lamp bank system.
- Optional barriered or adjustable lamp banks - which are available to meet your needs.
- Sturdy 18- and 22-gauge steel interiors and exteriors - offering solid products built to last, versus lower-quality aluminum options.
- Welded seams - which enhance product quality, as compared to pop-riveted seams.
- An environmentally friendly powder coat finish - which makes our products more durable, attractive, scratch-resistant and long-lasting.
- Magnetic door gaskets - ensuring a tight seal to each chamber, eliminating worries about your research being contaminated by outside elements.
- The highest quality solenoid valve - available on the market, a more reliable and cost-effective alternative to proportional valves.
- Continuous-running condensing units - adding years to the life of your chamber.
- Proven experience and expertise with dimmable ballasts, alone or in combination with light sensors for precise irradiance control.
- Humidification - various options available when meticulous control of humidity is very important.
No one pays more attention to lighting design or offers more options than Percival Scientific. Lighting options which can be purchased alone or in combination with one another include:
- Full Spectrum specific fluorescents
- Spectrum specific fluorescents
- HID and HPS
- Aquatic lighting
- Metal Halide
Patented High Efficiency Lamp Bank (not available on all units)
At Percival, we engineer chambers to be easy on our environment while supplying you with research standards you’ve come to expect (and maybe some you haven’t). This is why our patented lamp banks require less energy and radiate less energy. The unique design lets you experience maximum light irradiance without sacrificing optimal temperature.
Percival’s exclusive lamp bank features include:
- The most energy efficient lamps in the market.
- Higher light intensity with less energy consumption.
- Stable light intensity from T5 fluorescent lamps regardless of temperature conditions inside the chamber.
- Better vertical temperature gradient inside the chamber.
- Less flickering at settings near the lower end of the dimming range (when using optional dimmable light fixture).
- A smaller refrigeration system resulting in reduced electrical and water consumption.
- Higher light intensity with fewer bulbs, resulting in less heat introduction into the chamber.
- Reduced heat rejection to the ambient which results in smaller building HVAC.
Energy Savings Example:
UNIT: PGC-10 utilizing the patent-pending high efficiency lamp bank
USAGE: Lights energized for14 hours per day in a region with electrical costs of 10 cents per KW/hr
RESULTS: Cost savings of over $1750 annually in energy consumption
- Temp Range: (All lights on) -5-44±0.5
- Interior Space Volume: 37.2 ft3 (1.1 m3)
- Total Shelving Floor Area: 6.8 ft2 (0.6 m2)
- Maximum Growing Height: 46.6 in. (118.4 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: inches(cm) Height: 78.7 (199.9)
- Width: 41 (104.1)
- Depth: 33.6 (85.4)
- Light Intensity: (6' from lamps unless otherwise noted) 560
- Number of Tiers: 1