Tigercat - Model 5000 - Bunching Saw Heads
From Felling Heads
Tigercat's innovative line of patented bunching saws, significantly improves the productivity of the entire harvesting system in high volume plantation applications. Buncher productivity increases because more trees can be cut per cycle reducing unnecessary machine movement. Skidder productivity is improved because the bunches are large, well aligned an easy to pick up.The 5000 bunching shear is designed for drive-to-tree and track feller bunchers and is best suited to pine and eucalyptus plantations. The 5000 series saw achieves optimal production in uniform timber profiles sized under 40 cm (16 in) diameter.
- Twin post design with offset pocket for excellent visibility.
- Unique 2-arm design allows many trees to be stored before stopping to dump the accumulated bunch.
- Recessed saw blade and clever guarding reduce the throw angle and deflect chips downward, decreasing saw recovery time.
- Cushioned cylinders for long life.
- Deep accumulating pocket places the load closer to the machine for improved stability.
- Improves both feller buncher and skidder productivity by increasing number of stems per cycle and laying down larger, tighter, parallel aligned skidder bunchers.