Model 580 - Bed Planter Unit
The Mechanical Transplanter 580 is similar to our Model 550LU, but with a much larger pocket and a wider 3' shoe. This unit is designed to handle a broader rooted plant, such as daylilies. The Model 580 can be used as a single row or a multi-row system on a toolbar with rows as close as 22' apart. The Model 580 utilizes our positive spacing float wheel drive front hitch, which also prepares the soil in front of each unit.
- Large diameter disc with our large V-3 style pockets for large balky plants with up to 18' tops and 7' deep root systems
- Deep 10' suction point shoe that is 3' wide inside.
- Plant spacing from 5 1/2' and up in the row.
- Row spacing as close as 22' on the same toolbar.
- Plants 5 rows as close as 11' apart between rows when mounted in bed planter frame.
- Our 'Direct Drive' float wheel drive system