Model 6096 - Windrow Inverter
From Other Products
Dion’s swath turner does more than just deflecting swath, it replaces curing and swathing. On the first pass, the windrow inverter is moved on a dry ground and turned completely to expose the moist side. The sun takes care of the drying. A second pass allows the swath to dry completely and brings together dry hay when needed. The lifter lifts the windrow inverter smoothly without picking up any soil or rock. The conveyor belt maintains the integrity of the swath and the disk turns it and lays it softly on the ground. Dion’s windrow inverter is set on wheels, has no P.T.O. and hydraulics and requires little power. The mechanism clutches automatically when the lifter is lowered. The operational speed can vary from 12 to 18 km/h or 2 to 3 ha/h.
2 in 1 and more...
Replacing a tedder and a swather by a Dion’s windrow inverter means*:
- Less losses → More efficiency
- A forage production increase of 4 to 9 % thanks to a smooth handling resulting in a reduction of losses in the field.
- Higher hay or silage quality
- Higher nutrients contents → 3 to 4 % more proteins, 6 to 10 % more energy thanks to a better preservation.
- Up to 240 kg/ha more leaves
- More energy
- From 1 to 1,5 kg/day depending on the type of ration
- More efficiency
- Up to 760 litres/ha more milk
Higher consumption of dry matter thanks to a clean forage
- Up to 4 times less earthy particles than with classical tedders and swathers. Better preservation, higher silage quality, less toxins.
Agricultural Technology Research Station, Tänikon, Switzerland (Station de recherche en Technologie Agricole, Tänikon, Suisse)
Animal Nutrition Federal Research Station, Poiseux, Switzerland (Station fédérale de recherche en nutrition animale, Poiseux, Suisse)
Option of 1 or 2 gathering wheels. Each wheel increase of 30cm (12') the working width of the pick-up.
Windrow inverter in normal operating position. Hay falls onto the field upside down on new dry ground nearby its original position.
Windrow inverter in merge position. The variable geometry of the discharge opening allows to move the windrows up to 2m (6'7').
- Faster drying of hay
- Minimized loss of leaves
- Automatic and hydraulically controled engaging/disengaging system
- Hay windrow method (tractor wheels do not flatten out away)
- Merging of 2 windrows without displacing hay onto the ground
- Ground drive (no p.t.o. required)
- Easy and safe operation
- Minimum maintenance
Height : 160 cm (5’-3')
Width: 285 cm (9'-4')
Length: 512 cm (16'-10')
Disc: 244 cm (8'-0')
Weight: 545 kg (1200 lbs)
Pick-up width: 152 cm (5'-0')
Largeur d'andainage : (2 à 4,5 m2)
Operating speed: 3 to 13 km/ (2 to 8 mph)
Travelling speed: 32 km/h (20 mph)
Tires: terra type, 23 x 8.50–12 nhs