Model 889 - Cultivator
Configure this flexible cultivator with a variety of tools for early- through late-season cultivation. Our new Quick Adjust tooling receiver lets you set barring-off disks with a simple pin setup. No wrenches or measuring tape needed!
Model 889 Features
- Parallel linkage incorporates Duralon bushings that never need greasing.
- Selection of rear shanks and tooling.
- Rugged gang construction features reinforced connection points for long life.
- 3/4” Diameter Pivot Bolts
- Duralon wear bushings keep the linkage assembly tight and do not require grease.
- Wrap-around clamp keeps gang straight and prevents “walking” in side-draft conditions, and moves the gang forward, making the unit easier to lift.
- Quick Adjust tooling receiver for easy pin adjusting in 1/2” increments.
Depth Control Tire
- Front 18×8.5×8 8-ply tire provides positive depth control.
- Four-hole hub equipped w/2 triple-lip sealed ball bearings.
Depth Control Front Coulter
- 1-1/8” Arbor Bolt
- Two heavy 208 series sealed ball bearings with triple-lip seals in each coulter hub.
- Available in fixed or swivel.
Gang Operating Features
- Optimized tool spacing.
- Maximum trash and soil flow between tillage components is based on many years of field experience.
- Only one grease zerk per row. Greasing interval is once each operating season.
Barring Off Discs
- Peel weeds away from young, tender crops or hill dirt into the root base of more mature crops.
- Compound angle settings allow you to pitch the cutting edge away from the crop to prevent root pruning.
Crop Hoods and Shields
- Adjustable side-to-side for any row width, front-to-back to match sweep placement, up and down for desired protection.
- Set fenders to control flow for maximum protection or raise to push soil into the base of the crop.
- Parallel link collision protection.
- Assortment of rigid and spring-loaded shanks.
- Adjustable foot piece offers friction trip protection.
- Mount Sweep for clean-out and cultivating operations or mount Buster for Lister operations.
Rear Bedding Sweep
- Builds and shapes beds.
- Adjusts to vary bed height.
Rear Cultivator Sweep
Undercuts weeds and pushes dirt onto base of mature plants.
Clears furrows for efficient irrigation flow.
All tool bars are constructed from double 7×7″ tubing, and available in any length to 60 feet.
- Vertical Fold
- Over Fold
- Stack Fold
Shields and Hoods