Model 8 - Hi Rate Sweep
Shown with optional 3-1/2' tube and clip (2-1/2' hose fits insde). 8” wing width. Designed for higher rates (5,000 - 10,000 gallon per acre). Lifts the soil 1-1/4”. Vertical portion is 1” thick at the lower rear to create a wider slot to facilitate the filling of the soil cavity created by the wings. The 8” hi rate sweep parts the soil more and creates a larger soil cavity than the 8' low rate sweep to contain the liquid.
- Series 70 Chisel Point Sweeps are designed to penetrate frozen soil.
- 1/2” thick Chisel Point Sweep shank combined with 62 degree swept back wings results in minimum soil disturbance and allows shallow placement of nutrients.
- The sweeps are designed with thin Vertical Portion Hi Carbon steel to minimize soil disturbance at high speeds.
- To prevent breakage, the sweeps are attached to a 1-1/4” x 2” edge bent alloy steel shank to allow side movements when striking rocks.
- Standard 3” or optional 3-1/2” & 4” OD tubes available on all sweep sizes.