Model 8 - Low Rate Sweep
Shown with standard 3' tube. 8” wing width. Designed for hi speed (5-8 mph) and lower rates (2500-5000 gallon per acre) to meet the E.P.A. Phosphorus Rules.. Lifts the soil less than 1”. Vertical shank portion is ½” thick. The 8” low rate Sweep moves less soil, allowing higher speeds at low rates.
- Series 70 Chisel Point Sweeps are designed to penetrate frozen soil.
- 1/2” thick Chisel Point Sweep shank combined with 62 degree swept back wings results in minimum soil disturbance and allows shallow placement of nutrients.
- The sweeps are designed with thin Vertical Portion Hi Carbon steel to minimize soil disturbance at high speeds.
- To prevent breakage, the sweeps are attached to a 1-1/4” x 2” edge bent alloy steel shank to allow side movements when striking rocks.
- Standard 3” or optional 3-1/2” & 4” OD tubes available on all sweep sizes.