Model 903K - Tracked Feller Bunchers
Loggers demand maximum productivity and uptime out of their equipment shift after shift. And the 903K Tracked Feller Buncher delivers, big time. It features a powerful fuel-efficient engine, fast hydraulics for superb multifunction operation, deep cutting swath, and best-in-class head accumulation for maximum productivity. Quick, wide-open access to service items and major components along with simplified maintenance help maximize uptime. Plus, the spacious, well-appointed cab provides everything operators need to bring out their very best. With one of these tough feller bunchers on your jobsite, working hard has never been so easy.
- Redesigned felling head wrist
- 9.0L engine offering either 300 or 330 horsepower
- Robust crank and link boom lines up the felling head
- Best-in-class leveling system comes standard
- Engine delivers from 300 to 330 horsepower, ensuring superior swing torque, boom performance, and tracking on K-Series models — without compromising best-in-class fuel efficiency. And the 295-gallon fuel tank lets you get more done between fill-ups.
- Best-in-class leveling system keeps the upper frame parallel to the ground, even when the tracks are climbing or tilting. The system tilts 26 degrees forward, seven degrees rearward, and 14 degrees to either side, keeping the operator in a comfortable, level position.
- Visibility is virtually unobstructed, due to the wide expanse of front and side glass, a skylight, and a bottom window. An optional sunshade for the rear window keeps the cab cooler, while reducing glare.
- Joysticks and low-effort controls with backlit indicators are conveniently located within the adjustable armrests.
- Tree counter operates in either automatic or manual mode. Automatic mode counts stems based on follow-arm sequencing and saw rpm pull-down. Manual mode tracks each tree cut with a push of the button on the joystick.
- Fatigue-beating joysticks with smooth, responsive hydraulics put intuitive control at your fingertips.
- JDLink gives you 24/7 online access to machine location. Track machine health, utilization, and fuel consumption — valuable information that helps you better understand costs and jobsite performance. Plus, you can help protect your machine from theft by setting up geofence and curfew alerts in your JDLink account.
- High-rotation FR22B and FS22B felling heads for 900K-Series machines cut more wood from one position to give the skidder a full load from a single bunch.
- Patented offset disc saw blade and one-piece rotatable teeth keep the saw moving — and you from waiting.
- Three-piece saw housing is bolted, not welded, for easier service. And it's protected by a wear plate for longer life.
- Offset horn design and superior gathering arm keep stems aligned to hold larger bunches with better control and less stem breakage.
- Deere-designed high-rotation wrist delivers best-in-class accumulation capacity. Its more compact design improves visibility to the felling head for increased productivity.
- A gate blocks chips from entering the saw housing, preventing clogging. Wide-open exit area further prevents buildup.
- CommandCenter advanced display unit shows operating, diagnostic, and maintenance info on a color LCD screen with easy-on-the-eyes clarity. Best-in-class onboard diagnostics simplify preventative maintenance work and troubleshooting for increased uptime.
- Sealed-switch module keeps out dust, moisture, and debris, so it virtually never wears out. Proven marine-grade touchpad eliminates rocker switches, numerous wires, and unsealed connections, and lasts 10 times longer than standard dash switches.
- Standard reversing cooling fan automatically clears leaves, pine straw, and other debris from the grill, for better airflow to the engine.
- Robust hydraulics system ensures long-lasting reliability. The power-management system ensures no horsepower is wasted, for smooth multifunction operation.
- Quick, wide-open access to service items and major components speeds daily checks and periodic maintenance. Maintenance work that used to cost you a day now takes just an hour.
- Streamlined, easily accessible hydraulic systems make maintenance a breeze, increasing uptime and lowering daily operating costs. Common hydraulic reservoir internal components such as independent suction lines, case-drain filtration, and common return filters simplify changes and keep costs down.
- Hydraulically actuated door to the engine and pump enclosure ensures fast service access, for easy and efficient maintenance.
- Rapid Cycle System (RCS) boom option automatically controls the boom, stick, and head to improve productivity while reducing operator fatigue using only a single joystick.
- The new long boom option delivers increased productivity by stretching maximum reach to more than 32 feet (9.82m), a 10.6% increase over the standard boom, when used with our FR21B Disc Saw Felling Head. Designed to maximize productivity, the new long boom also provides a best in class cutting swath of 17' (5.18m) to handle more trees from one location.
Emission Rating : Tier 3
Engine Make / Engine Model : John Deere / 6090H Powertech Plus
Net Power, kW (hp) @ Rated rpm : 199 (267) @ 2000
Gross Power, kW (hp) : 224 (300)
Displacement, L (cu in) : 9 (549)
Net Peak Torque, N-m (lb-ft) : 1270 (937)
Volts : 24
Alternator amps : 100
Pump Type : Var. axial-piston
Pump Flow, L/min (gpm) : 475 (125)
Relief Pressure, kPa (psi) : not published
Saw Pump flow, L/min (gpm) : 120 (32)
Max. Travel Speed, km/h (mph) : 4.2 (2.6)
Max. Drawbar Pull, kN (lbf) : 331 (74300)
Brake Type : Multi-disc
Gauge, mm (ft in) : 2560 (8 ft 5 in)
Width over Std Track, mm (ft in) : 3170 (10 ft 5 in)
Overall Track Length, m (ft in) : 4.69 (15 ft 5 in)
Track Length on Ground, mm (ft in) : 3620 (11 ft 10 in)
No. of Lower Rollers/Side : 9
No. of Carrier Rollers/Side : 2
Ground Clearance, mm (in) : 735 (29)
Standard Track Pad, mm (in) : 610 (24)
Grd. Press - Std. Pad, kPa (psi) : not published
CUTTING HEAD ATTACHMENTS
Standard Saw/Shear Make and Model : FS22B
Capacity, Tree dia. mm (in) : 559 (22)
Type: Disc Saw, Chain Saw, Shear : Disc
Description : Felling
Forward, degrees : 0
Rearward, degrees : 0
Side-to-Side, degrees : 0
DIMENSIONS and LIFTING
Maximum Cutting Radius, mm (ft in) : 8880 (29 ft 1 in)
Minimum Cutting Radius, mm (ft in) : 4870 (15 ft 11 in)
Cutting Swath Horizontal, mm (ft in) : 4010 (13 ft 2 in)
Height to Top of Cab, mm (ft in) : 3530 (11 ft 7 in)
Upperstructure width, mm (ft in) : 3050 (10 ft )
Tail Swing Radius, mm (ft in) : 3050 (10 ft )
Tail overhang over side, Std. shoe, mm (ft in) : not published
Tail overhang over end of track, mm (ft in) : not published
Lift Capacity at Max Reach, kg (lb) : 6160 (13590)
Fuel Tank, L (gal) : 1085 (285)
Hydraulic Reservoir, L (gal) : 311 (82)
SAE Operating Weight, kg (lb) : 30490 (67220)
Metric Ton Weight, kg (lb) : 29.57 (62.51)