Actara - Unique Systemic Insecticide
ACTARA is a second generation neonicotinoid for controlling foliar and soil pests in multiple crops. ACTARA is a unique systemic insecticide that provides excellent, fast-acting and long-lasting elimination of a broad range of foliar and soil pests and offers effective protection for the world’s major crops. Its benefits go beyond insect control as its unique chemical properties consistently helps farmers to maximize crop potential through healthier and more vigorous plants, better quality of harvested fruits and grains with higher yields.
The insecticide tailor-made for the modern grower
For growers, ACTARA is the best choice for flexible crop protection with a range of application methods from conventional foliar sprays and soil application, to more sophisticated systems such as drench and drip irrigation. It can be used in both humid tropics and temperate climates, and has been successfully tested against over 160 pest species in 110 crops.
Brazil, USA, Japan, India, South Korea, Mexico, Spain, Cote d'Ivoire, Philippines, Vietnam
- Active ingredient: Thiamethoxam
- Mode of action: Neonicotinoids act on a specific protein in the brain of pest insects (the nicotinic acetylcholin receptor), inhibiting their feeding reflex
- Targets: A broad spectrum of sucking, soil and leaf-feeding pests. So far, ACTARA has proved its effectiveness against 160 pest species in 110 crops
- Main crops: Vegetables, cotton, tropical plantations, rice and potatoes
- Geography: ACTARA is sold in more than 45 countries, among them the key markets Brazil, states in the EU, Japan, the US and India
Main customer benefits:
- Highly effective at low use-rates against a broad spectrum of sucking, soil and leaf-dwelling pests
- Highly systemic and well-suited for application as a foliar spray, drench or drip irrigation
- Rapid uptake and fast-acting, regardless of dry or wet conditions ensuring high performance levels