Active Wing Roll
Active Wing Roll provides performance not offered by any other boom height control system. Boom height can be maintained in the most severe conditions.
How It Works
The addition of a NORAC Wing Roll Cylinder to the spray height control system hydraulically links the left and right wing, simulating roll without moving the center section. This creative new concept isolates the chassis movement from the boom allowing more precise control. NORAC’s patent pending technology mirrors the performance of NORAC’s high end Active Roll, but can be applied to a variety of sprayer center section designs including center pivot, pendulum, trapeze and rigid booms.
Now available in North America with NORAC UC5 Spray Height Control systems for the following sprayer models:
- John Deere R-Series: 4030, 4038, 4045
- Case Models: 3330, 3340, 4420, 4430, 4440
Active Wing Roll may be available as a factory option in partnership with OEM customers. Additional aftermarket kits for a variety of sprayer brands will be released in 2015.
- Automatically maintains a preset height above the ground or crop using Soil Mode, Crop Mode, or Hybrid Mode
- Adjust spray nozzle height on-the-go with the push of a button
- Shows the height that the nozzle tips are from either the top of the crop or the soil
- May override using existing in-cab controls
- Indicates whether the system is in ‘Automatic’ or ‘Manual’ mode
- Communicates hydraulic valve activity (up [ ] or down [ ])
- Quick and easy to use with NORAC’s automated setup and userfriendly interface
- Additional features such as Headland Assist, Double Tap to engage
Auto and Tips ON/OFF are available on some sprayer models.
Optional Severe Terrain Package
This option adds a second sensor to each wing that is mounted halfway down the length of each boom. The Severe Terrain package provides average height for each boom, as well as a minimum height override. This option is recommended in the following situations:
- Boom lengths longer than 90 ft. (27 m)
- Land with sharp knolls such as terraces
This package includes two ultrasonic sensors with brackets and all required cables and hardware.
- A separate NORAC designed proportional valve is used for each wing and to control the Active Wing Roll cylinder to ensure smooth independent hydraulic control
- Automatic oil temperature monitoring and compensation for superior performance
- Load sensing and closed center models are available
Rugged, Reliable Non-Contact Ultrasonic Sensors and Brackets
- Rugged aluminum sensors are designed by NORAC specifically for agricultural applications
- Internal electronics are epoxy sealed to prevent moisture damage
- Capable of sensing changes in height to the nearest half inch (1.25 cm)
- Sensors are able to distinguish four different targets simultaneously including differentiating ground surface from standing crop or field residue
- Breakaway or low profile brackets are used to mount the ultrasonic sensors to the boom
Roll Control Technology
Various roll sensing technologies are used to measure the roll in the center section. This enables the system to predict the effects of boom and chassis roll on boom height and compensate for it. The technology manages boom stability by preventing one boom’s action from affecting the other and allows the boom roll suspension to perform as designed without interference.
Active Wing Roll Cylinder
The Wing Roll Cylinder on the NORAC UC5 systems enable the sprayer to go over severe terrain by using the wings to simulate roll without moving the center section. Wing lift speed is increased and spray height is maintained even in the most severe conditions.