AddAir - Poultry House Heater and Heat Exchanger - Poultry Farm Heater
From Heating & Cooling
The AddAir heater/heat exchanger completely changes the dehumidification process in a poultry house. We see a cut in heating costs by almost 70 % compared to traditional heaters. Heating with AddAir: During the first weeks the AddAir work no different from other water carried heaters. With dampers closed the AddAir bring room air through the heater where it is heated to room temperature.
Dehumidification with AddAir
The real game changer is the dehumidification process. In this mode the AddAir brings outside air to the house via the open dampers in the unit. This incoming air pass through the heater where it is heated to room temperature. This increase Δt significantly. The higher Δt, the dryer the air entering the house. The higher Δt, the more efficient the dehumidification process becomes.
The AddAir brings 8000 m³/hour of dry air to the house and thereby the dehumidification process becomes very fast and efficient. The number of units needed depends on insulation of the house and the size of the house. The open construction and the swing away front makes cleaning fast and efficient.
AddAir in short:
- No CO2 emissions in the poultry house
- Significantly reduced humidity in the house
- Optimal environment for the birds
- Much better bird performance
- Extremely easy to clean
- Electrical consumption 1/5 of other similar systems
AddAir is a versatile and highly efficient heat exchanger, combining the simplicity of traditional heating systems with the efficient humidity control of heat exchangers - but at a fraction of the initial cost, with much longer service life, and significantly lower running costs. AddAir quite simply is a game changer for the entire poultry industry, due to its supreme dehumidification capability.
Compared to other heat exchangers, AddAir has the following advantages:
- Better distribution of the air in the house
- Better litter condition
- Better integration with ventilation
- Significantly lower power consumption
- Significant saving in heating costs
- No cleaning and maintenance during production
- Open construction – easy to clean
- Much lower initial costs and running costs
The AddAir unit is a water carried heat exchanger and connects to a conventional boiler.
When the dampers in the unit are closed, the unit serves as a traditional heater, recirculating room air over the heater and distributing it evenly throughout the building.
When dampers are open the unit serves as a heat exchanger and provides superior humidity control and ample supplies of preheated fresh air. The air entering the building is warm and will not cause draft or condensation. The air leaving the unit is extremely dry and will absorb moisture quickly and efficiently.
- 60kW at -10 Pa and 30°C ambient, calculated at nominal fluid flow.
- Calculate heat output using the following formula: (Tfluid inlet - T cooling air inlet ) × 1.2kW
- Example: (80-30) × 1.2 kW = 60 kW.
- Air exchange capacity: 8000 m³/h at -10 Pa.
- Fluid supply requirement:Nominal: 50 l/min per unit, 80°C at inlet Long Life Antifreeze suitable for aluminium must be added (25-60% concentration depending on climate conditions – consult installer).
- Fluid temperature drop: Approximately 20°C at nominal flow and 30°C ambient air.
- Fan motor: 3×400VAC 6-pole (950 RPM) 0.3kW IP55 Insulation Class F.