Why Advanced Forest Equipment?
• Our forestry mulchers are engineered by a contractor, for contractors!
• All of our operations are under the same roof.
• Our service department staff are operators with firsthand experience in the field, so when you call, you know you are talking to an expert.
• You can always count on AFE when it comes to parts. Our parts are in stock and available to ship.
• To provide the best quality forestry mulchers by using the best materials.
• To provide excellent service to our customers.
• To have all the parts you need, at all times.
• Safety! Please note, matching up the right mulching attachment to a specific carrier will determine how well the mulcher package will function in your region.
• Excavator manufacturers don't always have safety guarding and/or safety windows on their products, we highly recommend reviewing your machine first, before purchasing a forestry mulcher.
The RDM excavator mulchers are the most versatile, efficient and advanced forestry mulcher heads in the industry. Rotary Disc Mulcher (RDM) Technology is much more than a spinning disk with cutting teeth. The secret to this proprietary technology is the innovative design which transfers maximum power to the attachment using only the existing hydraulics of the carrier. This results in a mulching attachment that can handle thick undergrowth and trees up to 18 inches in diameter without binding or clogging.
When you see an RDM excavator mulcher working in the field you’ll notice several things:
1. No extra power packs! Our RDM technology transfers more power to the attachment, eliminating the need for expensive extra hardware.
2. Works fast and efficient! RDM forestry mulcher owners report as much as 40% increases in their productivity. That’s good for the land, good for your customer, and your bottom line!
3. RDM technology is so efficient that even the smaller, lighter excavators can easily do the work. You’ll be surprised to see how much work can be accomplished with a small carrier. This also saves you money!
Steel mounting system is rugged allowing you to pick your excavator up and turn on a dime. We build the RDM excavator mulchers to match your current thumb and quick coupler.
Ease of Maintenance:
1. There are no belts, pulleys or sheaves.
2. Our systems are direct drive, which means that the power goes directly into a bearing box which transfers all the power to the cutting disc.
3. The bearings are oil bathed for continuous lubrication and cooling.
4. The drive shafts are heat treated and ground for precision fit.
5. We have a rubber safety coupler between the hydraulic motor and bearing box to protect from damage.
You can mulch an overgrown road and restore it back to nearly new. This is the most versatile and advanced mulching attachment in the industry! RDM excavator mulchers are designed to match the hydraulic motor to your carrier’s fluid flow, which ensures the best possible performance. The RDM excavator mulchers are the only mulchers that feature a Digging Spade feature in the industry. This helps improve productivity by allowing the operator to dig and move material while having the mulcher attached to the excavator.
The unique reduction shroud design, the direct drive system and the 34” diameter 1 ¼” thick cutting disc carry the inertia through the cut and forces the material into the fixed cutting teeth. Material will be cut and pulled into the reduction shroud system resulting in a one step process. The RDM Excavator mulchers allow the operator to see the cutting teeth as they engage with the material they are mulching; this allows the operators to avoid foreign materials that could be a potential safety hazard.
Durability: Tough, rough and built to last. All handcrafted, tested and made with the best materials.
Visibility: Greater visibility allows the operator to see the material as it engages with the cutting disc and avoids foreign objects. Productively: Can mulch up to 6” depending on hydraulic flow of carrier.
Bearing Box: Custom built, ROBUST, TOUGH and DURABLE. This is the heart and soul of this mulcher! Each bearing box is tested prior to shipping.
Hydraulic Motor: SUNFAB hydraulic bent axis piston motor.
Cutting Disc: 34” in diameter; Made of Weldox 700, T-1 steel.
Reduction Shroud System: Acts like a vacuum and moves the material into the cutting teeth which enhances grinding.
Cutting Teeth: Comes with beaver teeth, carbide thumbnail teeth and carbide bullet teeth.
Beaver Teeth: 4 inside the shroud, 8 on perimeter, 8 on top of disc. The Beaver Tooth has straight edges, is durable, and can be re-sharpened right on the blade. TIP: Rotating beaver teeth increases wear life.
Carbide Thumbnail Teeth: 16 teeth bottom of disc, 16 teeth on top of disc. The Carbide Thumbnail Tooth is designed for durability and placed at the bottom of the cutting disc to handle the tough environment.
Carbide Bullet Teeth: 4 on bottom of disc. The Carbide Bullet Tooth is a medium efficiency extension cutting tooth that holds well in rocks and helps grind stumps further in the ground. The use of extension teeth like the Carbide Bullet Tooth can result in material being thrown greater distances.