Agrofrost - Model GC 20 & 30 - Frost Guard Machine
- Fruit Frost Guard Machine
- Grape Frost Guard Machine
- Vegetable Frost Guard Machine
The Frostguard was especially developed for fruit growers, grape growers and vegetable growers, to be used in greenhouses, plastic tunnels and small vineyards and orchards. But the FrostGuard is so flexible and easy to use that more and more growers buy it for larger areas. The FrostGuard will fight night frost AND improve your fruit set.
Agrofrost launched the Frostbuster on the European and other markets in 2002. This machine is ideal to fight night frost on surfaces from 3 to 10 hectares. A lot of growers have smaller plots and the demand for a solution for smaller plots grew constantly. After 3 years of test and intensive research, we launched our new machine: the FrostGuard (PATENTED !!).
The first FrostGuards were sold in 2007 and for the season 2012, we have introduced our new model of the FrostGuard, with a lot of extra advantages (less fuel, less noise, electric starter, electric ignition of burner etc.)
Originally designed for small areas, the FrostGuard has proven to be ideal to protect very big orchards and vineyards as well.
How does the FrostGuard work?
The FrostGuard has a gas burner and a powerful fan, driven by petrol engine that runs on propane gas. You just have to start the engine, adjust the temperature and the FrostGuard does the rest. There is gas to last one complete night.
The success and effectiveness of the Frostbuster are a result of the temperature fluctuations that are created by the machine, and of the lowering of the humidity, reducing the possibility of ice crystals form. The big advantage to creating fluctuations is to use much less energy than raising the temperature above the critical values constantly, and still maintain effective frost protection for your crop. As a result, the input of energy is up to 10 times less than with other systems, and your crop is still fully protected.
The FrostGuard works the same way. The big difference between both machines is that the Frostbuster is powered by the tractor, which must be driven through the orchard at night, while the FrostGuard, once started, stays at the same place and needs no supervision. The outlet of the fan turns around 360° continuously, protecting an oval or round area. Machines can be spaced out in groups in relation to the shape and area to be protected. Another important advantage of the FrostGuard is that it’s easy to spread the investment over several years: you can start with 1 or 2 machines and buy more during the following years. Therefore, no big initial investment is necessary.
There are 3 factors that make the FrostGuard work:
- The increase of temperature.
- A very important factor is the creation of temperature fluctuations: at each passing of the Frostbuster, the temperature rises shortly and drops again. These fluctuations create a big part of the protection that we get with the Frostbuster.
- Probably the most important factor is the influence on the relative humidity. Wherever the Frostbuster is used, the relative humidity goes down. Because of this, the dew point is raised significantly. Therefore, there will be less hoar-frost and less ice on the plants. Result: no or very little damage.
- Better fruit set.
- The investment can be spread over several years.
- At very low temperatures, it’s still possible to get a complete protection by putting more machines closer together.
- After start up, works automatically.
- Can also be used in greenhouses, plastic tunnels.
- Ideal for smaller plots but also for bigger plots.
- Easy to move, mobile, not a fixed installation.
- Easy to start up, easy to shut down.
- Multifunctional: can be used almost everywhere, for many applications and crops.
The FrostGuard can be used almost everywhere and for several applications:
- For night frost protection in orchards for all kind of fruit, in vineyards, in greenhouses and plastic tunnels, for strawberries, raspberries, flowers, vegetables, apples, pears, peaches, plums etc.
- To improve the fruit set in low temperature during blossom.
- To raise the temperature in plastic tunnels, to bring forward the first harvest date in the beginning of the season, or to pick later at the end of the season.