Agromat - Automatic Grass Production Unit
This automatic grass production unit guarantees a steady supply of ONE TON PER DAY of fresh, highly nutritive green fodder, independent of weather conditions. The containerized unit occupies 36 m², and replaces the capacity of 10 hectares of grazing land. The AGROMAT unit was the first scientifical and technological equipment developed and sold by AGROTECH BELGIUM, that became hereby world-famous. AGROMAT was a giant leap in the field of applied agricultural technology. However, today, the AGROMAT unit is not advised and produced anymore, as a result of the worldwide dramatic price rise of steel in early 2004, that made this unit too expensive, taking into account its quite limited output capacity.
Moreover, the insurance premium for the shipment of containerized equipments, as well as the shipment cost for non-standard containers have also dramatically risen in a few years. Consequently, AGROTECH BELGIUM developed a technical solution, based on the same GERM technology, that is financially much more interesting, and more adapted to professional end-users (see hereafter).
- Power requirements: 220 V - 50 Hz (adjustable).
- Electrical consumption: 45 KWH/day per ton of output capacity.
- Water consumption: 2,300 liters/24 Hrs per ton of output capacity.
- Seed input: 140 Kgs/day per ton of output capacity.
- Adjustments to local power specifications can be made if required.
- On spots where electricity is not available, a power generator can be used. The power of such a generator is of 15 KVA per ton of output capacity, revolving at 3000 R.P.M. For areas where power cut-offs are frequent, such a generator is equipped with an automatic take-over switch.
- In countries faced with high voltage variations (10-15%), a voltage stabiliser should be required.
- AGROTECH BELGIUM has also developed an option of a Fresh Fodder Factory operated by solar energy.