AgXcel - Model GX3 - 155 Gal. - Fertilizer System
AgXcel’s GX3 dual pump fertilizer application solution was designed for low volume applications. This is a perfect solution for low volume starter, insecticide, black label or other low application products. The GX3 was designed to be a completely self-contained solution incorporating a solution tank and complete pump application solution. A few of the features of the GX3 solution includes the ability to agitate before application and during application. With its dual valve directional flow configuration, the GX3 allows for the fertilizer product that is being applied to be agitated while planting and with the ability to monitor the pressure of the agitated solution as well. There is a 45 gallon clean water base tank that is used to clean out the system when application is complete or with an optional valve for fresh water washout.
There are 3 optional mounting brackets that enable in the versatility of mounting the GX3 on various applications from tool bars, implement tongues, 3-point hitch and with the GX3’s solid base platform many producers have even fabricated their own mounting creation. For more details on the optional mounting brackets and measurements see our GX3 product brochure.
The GX3 dual pump system can achieve about 6.1 GPM by utilizing a tandem plumbing design that allows for the equalization of product draw and pressurization. The system was designed to allow for the AgXcel electric pumps to utilize proper system voltage so that amps may be distributed evenly and managed evenly to both pumps. This equalization allows for the pumps to be driven evenly which allows for proper and even product draw which is critical to any precision application solution. When setting up any electric pump system all connections from electrical to liquid play an important role in achieving maximum pump performance and durability. AgXcel averages approximately 4 years of life from our custom built electric pumps due to the system design and overall specification. AgXcel electric pumps are industry tested and sealed to keep out the harsh Ag elements and dust and moisture. Many times end users state that they are always replacing their electric pumps during the season due to failure of the pump. Much of this failure is due to improper setup and improper management of system pressure of the system. The AgXcel GX3 solution has overcome this issue over the past 12 years due to the design of the GX series of system and has enjoyed great success with the AgXcel electric pumps.
The AgXcel GX3 dual pump solution has an array of system features including the seamless integration into all the major OEM controllers like the CaseIH Pro 600/700, Trimble, Green Star, Agleader and MicroTrak. With our system design the end user may experience features like:
- Auto Rate Control
- Variable Rate Control
- Swath Control
The GX3 can also be utilized with our popular GX6 Dual Metering Tube precision liquid placement solution. – Read more about the GX6 product here GX6 Fertilizer System
The GX3 solution kit also includes that following features.
- 1-4# check valve for every row that includes orifice cavity
- Wilger floating ball manifold assembly for each row or the optional PVC pipe manifolds. Each manifold solution comes pre-configured and fully assembled with the appropriate floating balls installed and mounted on a custom laser cut powder coated bracket. The Wilger manifold solution also comes kitted and mounted with a white laser cut back panel mount for easy viewing. OR our GX6 dual metering tube solution.
- 3 sets of orifices in each kit to ensure the flexibility of flow ranges and the ability to change rates on a wide scale.
- A 30 mesh screens that ensure that liquid is clean when passing through orifices.
- 50ft 3/4' for feed from tank to pump input feed along with a 3/4” ball valve for tank feed shut off after daily use or maintenance.
- Over 200ft of 1/4' tubing to feed to each row from the manifold down to each check valve and ultimately to each row unit flow
- 2 AgXcel custom designed agricultural rated 5.3 GPM at 60PSI open flow. Each pump is configured with an internal bypass mechanism and embedded check valve to ensure proper system pressure is maintained and no backflow from fertilizer tank is drawn and wasted. All harness are weather coated and with weather packed fittings to withstand even the harshest conditions. The AgXcel electric pump is lined and sealed internally to keep out the weather environments and moisture to assist in the durability and lasting service of the pump.
- All systems come with a large 4” 0-60 PSI SS gauge
- The AgXcel automatic implement switch that is included in every kit ensures that the system gets put into a “hold” state when that implement is raised and then returns the system into its normal running state once the implement is lowered. A special mounting bracket is also included in the kit for the flexibility of mounting in various locations. The harness for the implement switch is also designed to break at the hitch for ease of release when removing the implement.
- Rate charts for proper orifice selection and system pressure management
- Full installation instructions and guides on the importance of proper check valve mounting locations, tube length and orifice placement.
As with all AgXcel precision fertilizer application systems, in an effort to ensure that the GPA requirement is met, comes pre-assembled with a GX3 laser cut powder coated solid panel stand, single filter is mounted and all hoses are pre-cut, fitted and plumbed to ensure proper flow is met and system pressure is maintained.