Alkosel - Model 3000 - Aquaculture Feeds
Alkosel is an inactivated whole cell yeast containing elevated levels of organic selenium (min. 98%). The organic selenium contained in Alkosel is predominantly in the form of selenomethionine. This natural form of selenium is highly bioavailable to the animal.
Alkosel 3000 is an inactivated whole cell yeast containing elevated levels of organic selenium (min. 98%)
- Highest concentration of selenium
- Total selenium count 3000 mg/kg
- Highly available source of selenium
- From a primary manufacturer of selenium Yeast
- OMRI® Listed
- Available in 20 kg bag
Selenium has several functions in the diet.
- Lower incidence of muscular deficiencies1
- Enhanced antioxidant profile in animal end products2,3
- Reinforced immunity4
- Improved fertility5
1Rederstorff, M., Krol, A. Jan 2006. Cell Mol Life Sci. 63(1): 52-59.
2Fisinin, VI., Papazyan, TT., Surai, PF. 2009. Crit Rev Biotechnol. 29(1):18-28.
3Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference. 2005.
4Nicholson, J.W.G., Bush, R.S., Allen, J.G. 1993. Canadian Journal of Animal Science. 73(2): 355-365.
5Kommisrud, E., Østerås, O., Vatn, T. 'Blood Selenium Associated with Health and Fertility in Norwegian Dairy Herds'.