AmexCoat - Coated Foam Products
AmexCoat is a new coating system that can be applied to most flexible foam products where comfort, protection or cushioning is required. AmexCoat™ products add strength and integrity to the foam while providing a high-end washable finish that is reusable and provides longer product life compared to most fabrics.
In addition to being durable, AmexCoat™ coated finishes are available in standard colors of blue and grey, but can be formulated to custom colors with minimum production requirements. Our unique process can also eliminate the need for fabric covers which can become soiled and/or absorb contaminates which may collect in the fabric stitching. We can even customize the appearance to a satin look or to a brilliant high gloss finish to give your product an impressive appearing sheen.
AmexCoat™ coatings can be found in such applications as: Medical for positioning or medical pads; Recreational for specialty indoor/outdoor uses; Marine for flotation pads; Athletic for such items as gymnastic equipment and multiple other uses and markets. In addition, an antimicrobial additive is available which helps reduce the growth of mildew and bacteria. If you want your product to have a durable, washable, attractive outer covering without fabrics, AmexCoat™ is your answer!
- Fluid Resistant Properties – Keeps inside materials dry and free of contaminants.
- Flammability Characteristics – Passes UL94 HBF, can utilize California 117 and MVSS302 foams in conjunction with the coating and other combustion modified foams.
- Durable Surface – High Tensile, Tear and Elongation properties.
- Mildew Resistance – Contains an antimicrobial additive. Important in fighting mildew and bacteria.
- Radiolucent – Can be used in XRay applications without distorting the image.
- Color Stabilization – Doesn’t fade.
- Reusable – Product can be easily cleaned for further use.
- Eliminates the need for stitching joints as seen with fabric covered products.
- Reusable – Competitive fabric wrapped products must be discarded if fluids seep into the product. Vinyl coated products can be cleaned and reused.
- Versatility of Product – Can be used in outdoor applications without the need to store or dry out (i.e. Outdoor furniture).
- Radiolucent – Transparent to radiation causing no distortion of image in XRay applications.
- Cleaning – Can be easily cleaned with various cleaning products.