- Large filtration area
- High flow rates per area
- Corrosion- and fertilizer-resistant (pH > 5) polymeric housing
- Suction-scanning screen technology
- Automated and efficient self-cleaning
- Low water and energy consumption
- Innovative compact design and small footprint
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Diverse open-field irrigation, landscaping, greenhouse and aquaculture applications
- AC/DC electronic controller (optional)
The Amiad “Sigma” filter is an automatic filter, with multiple screens operated by a single hydraulic turbine mechanism. With a capacity up to 120 m3/h (528 gpm) and from 80-300 micron filtration degree. Inlet/Outlet connections are 100 mm (4”) diameter, and exhaust valve is 50 mm (2”).
Raw water enters from the filter inlet and passes through the multi-screens. Clean water flows through the filter outlet. The gradual dirt buildup on the inner screen surface causes a filter cake to develop, with a corresponding increase in the pressure differential across the multi-screens. A pressure differential switch (hydraulic or electric) senses the pressure differential and when it reaches a pre-set value, the self-cleaning process begins.
The Control System
The “Sigma” operation and cleaning cycle is controlled and monitored by a hydraulic rinse control, or an electronic battery /AC controller.
During the self-cleaning cycle the rinse control operates the exhaust valve by means of an hydraulic command, and when the cycle is complete, it automatically closes the exhaust valve and waits for the next cycle. In the case of the electronic controller, the self-cleaning cycle is triggered by the DP switch, then the AC or DC controller switches the solenoid to open or close the exhaust valve by means of a hydraulic command, when cycle is complete, the controller will shut the exhaust valve and wait for another cleaning command.The self-cleaning cycle begins under any one of the following conditions:
- Receiving a signal from the Pressure Differential Device - which is preset at 0.5 bar.
- Time interval parameter set at the controller (electronic controller only).
- Manual Start, triggered by 3 way ball valve or via electronic controller keypad.
- Flush cycles counter
- Alerts output – low battery, DP cycle
Max. flowrate (100μ) in average water quality 120 m3/h (528 gpm)
Min. operating pressure when cleaning 1.5 bar/22 psi (electrical controller), 2.2 bar/32 psi (hydraulic controller)
Max. operating pressure 10 bar (145 psi)
Filtration area 6,000 cm2 (930 in2)
Inlet/Outlet diameter 4' (100 mm) Flange & Victaulic
Weight Empty: 75 kg (110 lb)
Full: 145 kg (213 lb)
* Amiad’s flow recommendation per water quality.
Exhaust valve 2' (50 mm)
Flushing cycle time 20 sec
Reject water volume per flush cycle approx. 150-200 liter (40-53 gallons)
Rinse control PP (Polypropylene), PA (Polyamide)
DP switch Built-in rinse controller set at 0.5 bar (7 psi)
Operation mode 3 way ball valve, indicate: Automatic & Manual
Filter Housing & Lid RPP (Reinforced Polypropylene)
RPA (Reinforced Polyamide)
Screens Molded Weave wire 316L, screen mesh
Cleaning mechanism PBT (Polybutylene)
Exhaust valve Polymeric actuator
Control command tubing PE (Polyethylene)
Control and Electricity
Optional electronic control
Control voltage 6 VDC or 24 VAC
Control power supply 4 D type 1.5V batteries / AC power
Solenoid operation data 12-9 VDC latching solenoid or 24VAC solenoid
DP switch Dry contact switch