API-Modified - High Pressure Thread Compound
API-MODIFIED will seal and withstand pressures to 10,000 psi and will not harden or dry. Its lubricating characteristics reduce friction in the makeup of casing and tubing, preventing galling and wear. Maximum thread engagement is ensured, providing optimum leak resistance.
JET-LUBE API-MODIFIED is a high-pressure thread compound that conforms to or exceeds the requirements of API RP 5A3 and former API BUL 5A2. It also contains rust and oxidation inhibitors blended in JET-LUBE’s unique grease compounded from custom-refined, low-sulfur oil to ensure brushability over a wide temperature range, tenacious adherence to all surfaces, resistance to water washout, and prevention of rust/corrosion.
- Rust and oxidation inhibitors
- Custom-refined, low-sulfur oil
- Brushable over a wide temperature range
- Tenacious adherence to all surfaces
- Withstands pressures up to 10,000 psi
- Will not harden or dry
- Reduces friction
- Prevents galling and wear
- Additives for rust and corrosion protection
- Sticks to wet or oily threads
- API-Modified is specially formulated for use on casing, tubing, line pipe, flow lines, subsurface production tools, and tank batteries. It will lubricate, seal and protect threaded connections of oilfield tubular goods on makeup, in service, and in storage.
- Fill threads root to crest including shoulders and seal areas
- It is not recommended for rotary shouldered connections.