AquaStar - Multi Strain Probiotic Product
AquaStar is the multi-strain probiotic product line of BIOMIN specifically designed for aquatic species. The AquaStar product line consists of several carefully selected bacterial strains with superior probiotic and biodegrading features.
Fish pathogens and challenging pond conditions in shrimp and fish farming are common problems. Unfavorable conditions affect growth and can result in mortalities and losses to the farmer. There is a need for safe and sustainable solutions that help achieve a steady production of aquatic animals. The complexity of the aquatic rearing environment calls for a strategy based on a sound understanding of all levels of interactions in the pond.
AquaStar® stabilizes water quality, improves pond bottom quality and supports the gut health of fish and shrimp, thereby improving performance and efficiency in production.
Mode of action
- Improves water quality
- Enzymatic action aids digestion
- Produces inhibitory compounds against pathogens
- Competitive exclusion of pathogens
- Enhances immune response
What are the main benefits?
- Improved growth and health performance
- Better survival
- Stronger localized immune response
- Enhanced bacterial floc formation
- Improved water quality
- Reduced pond bottom sludge
- No negative side effects, no withdrawal times
The AquaStar® products are available in powder form for application in feed and water. The product line includes:
- AquaStar® Hatchery to improve larval hatchery production
- AquaStar® Growout to enhance grow-out production
- AquaStar® Pond to improve pond water management
- AquaStar® PondZyme to improve pond bottom and water quality under intensive rearing conditions