Aquaterr - Model VAR-8 - Pole Mount Eight Irrigation Valve Actuating Receiver
Lowest Cost to Automate. The most cost effective, lowest cost-per-valve wireless receiver sets a new price-point for wireless valve automation. The VAR-8/AC is ideal for potted nurseries, greenhouses, or wherever power is available at the valve.
- Reliable Radio System. Aquaterr’s radio signals are foolproof and unable to be tampered with. Each transmitted instruction is encoded with redundancy to assure reliable irrigation control.
- Five Mile Non-line-of-sight radio signals. Line-of-site transmitters have to be able to “see” their receivers.
- Obstacles like buildings, trees and hills block transmissions. With Aquaterr’s non-line-of-sight wireless system, these obstacles are transparent. Aquaterr’s receivers function reliably within a radius of five miles from the controller/transmitter.
- No radio license purchase is required for this radio system and no cellular phone bills. These radio communication airwaves are FREE!
Operates 8 valves
- Signal Receiving Range: 5 miles
- Operating Voltage: 24VAC
- Output Operation: 24VAC AC solenoid
- Max Wire Run (cum): Up to1000 ft
- Wire type: 14-16 AWG insulated
- Manual Actuate: Switch
- Unit Identification: Field programmable
- Enclosure: Weatherproof UV resistant plastic
- Mounting Height: 6 feet, minimum
- Mounting Method: 1 - 1 ½ inch pipe O.D. (2.54 – 3.81 cm)
- Size (inches): 10.4 L x 4 W x 4 H inches (26.4 x 10.2 x 10.2 cm)
- Weight: 1.2 lbs (0.63 Kg)
- Shipping Size: 10.65 L x 4.25 W x 4.25 H inches (27 x 10.8 x 10.8 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 lbs (0.63 Kg)
- Warranty: One Year
Interfaces seamlessly between your existing valve’s standard AC solenoid. Receives encoded and redundant radio signals from an Aquaterr radio transmitter which communicates commands originating from your irrigation controller.
- 5 mile reception regardless of terrain
- True non-line-of-site wireless communications
- Works with any controller, any valve, any AC solenoid
- No radio licensing fees. No cellular costs
- Significant cost savings for installation and maintenance
- Eligible for government rebates
- Encoded redundant transmissions assure communication regardless of weather or electrical interference
The VAR-8/AC Valve Actuating Receiver is ideal for use wherever power is available at the valve location, and represents a per valve pricepoint breakthrough allowing the Aquaterr wireless system to be more comfortably compared to wired systems. Whether your system is manual or wired, if you are ready to implement an automated irrigation plan, Aquaterr’s Wireless System may be your best option.
For manual system conversion to wireless, simply change to an electric valve with a standard AC solenoid, and connect the Aquaterr receiver to it. No digging to bury wires. Connect the Aquaterr transmitter VAT with antenna to your choice of commercial irrigation controller (any manufacturer), and you’re automated. It’s really that simple! Systems with buried wires often experience problems from earth moving equipment or ground creatures chewing wires. Sometimes it is just not economical to bury more wire, especially in turf applications where concrete or other obstacles are in the wire path.
If you currently have a system with buried wires connected to your valves and controller, and are experiencing problems which occur with growth or older installations, the installation process is even simpler. Just disconnect the wires at the valve and connect the receiver. Disconnect the wires at the controller and connect the Aquaterr VAT (with antenna) to the controller. Going wireless when you already have a wired system is usually done to add new irrigation zones where burying additional wire presents difficulties, or where broken wires are costly to repair. Another consideration is controller consolidation with one new controller servicing all the replaced controllers. This is often done when there is a cost-per-controller for maintenance under a watering plan.
The best automation choice, the one that offers the fastest return on investment in most cases, is wireless. And Aquaterr’s wireless solution has the security to assure your valves always turn on and off at your command. Aquaterr’s wireless system has no radio licensing fees, unlike most others. And no cellular costs, either. Most importantly, the radio signals are fool-proof, unable to be tampered with and are encoded, with redundancy.