Aster Bio - Model AB 20 - Microbial Blend for Aquaculture
AB 20 contains a blend of beneficial microbes selected to improve survival and yields in semi-intensive and intensive aquaculture operations. AB 20’s microbes rapidly degrade organic pollutants present in the water and sludge layer. Once pollution is reduced, the system requires less frequent water changes and a desirable algae makeup is maintained with fewer blooms of geosmin and MIB producing cyanobacteria (Blue-green algae). Regular addition of AB 20 helps reduce sludge layer volume, which can act as a reservoir for many potential pathogenic organisms and become a source of oxygen demand. AB 20 also works by beneficially stimulating fish immune system and crustacean immune system activity increasing resistance to opportunistic aquaculture pathogens.
- Improves water quality
- Reduces sludge buildup
- Converts nitrate/nitrite into benign nitrogen gas
- Helps reduce opportunistic fish pathogen or shrimp pathogen growth
- Prevents conditions promoting blue-green algae blooms
- Beneficial stimulation of fish immune system
- Color: Tan/brown
- Plate Count: 1 billion CFU/ml
- Bulk Density: 1.03
- Shelf Life: 1 Year
- Odor: Mild biological
- Storage Temp: 5 - 38 oC
Growth Range (Optimum)
- Effective pH : 5.5-9.5(7.0)
- Effective Temp: 5 - 50 °C (303C)
- C:N:P Ratio (Min) : 100:5:0.5
- C:N:P Ratio (Opt) : 100:10:1
- Dissolved Oxygen : 0.5 - 2.0+
- Toxic Metals (Max) : 2 ppm
Product dosage will vary with specific situation and treatment goals. Contact Aster Bio for recommendations.
- 5 gallon pail
- 55 gallon drum
- Aster Bio products contain only naturally occurring, non-pathogenic microbes. Wash hands after handling product. Avoid eye contact and ingesting the product.
- Some individuals may be sensitive to related chemical compounds present in the product. Direct contact with the skin should be avoided if irritation is noted.