Athens - Model BBD5/BBD6 - Lift-Type Disc Harrows
1¼' Cold Rolled Square Gang Axle. Relube Quadraseal Ball Bearings. Rigid Bearing Hangers with Wear Plates. Spacing, 9'. Tapered Disc Gang, 22' - 16' C/O or SM. Adjustable Angle of Cut: 15° or 18°. Cat. II Free Link or Quick Coupler. Balk Buster with 9' Sweep. Gang Wrench. Scrapers
- Strong relube Quadraseal Ball Bearings on the Model BBD5 mean long life and less downtime.
- The Rigid Bearing Hanger features a Wear Plate that bolts onto the front-side of the bearing hanger adding extra protection to the front and bottom of the bearing housing.
- The Main Frame is constructed of ¼' thick steel tubing which is trussed braced to resist twisting and bending.
- Gang Frames are constructed from 3' x 5' heavy wall structural steel tubing.
- Angle of Cut adjustments from 15° to 18° are made without tools by removing only one pin per disc gang.
- The Vertical Flexibility of the Spring Leveling Rod Assembly allows the disc gangs to adjust and flex with the contour of the land between the rows.
The disc gangs are tapered from the inside-out starting with 22' diameter discs tapering down to 16' diameter discs. Available in Cutout or Smooth.
Smooth blades are best utilized in normal field conditions. They are more economical, wear longer, weigh more, and wear more evenly, thus staying sharper longer.
Cutout blades have an aggressive edge that trap and cut residue better than smooth blades.