BARR - Model BABM275 - Brine Maker / Spayer Combo Unit
The BABM275 Brine Maker / Brine Applicator Unit is an new innovative, proprietary design from BARR that combines everything you need to take full control of supplying and applying salt brine solutions for Dust Control and Anti-Icing & De-Icing activities. This one machine is all you need to get started - and at an affordable cost.
This equipment can also be used as general water handing unit to haul and transfer water or use for fire-fighting, wash-down, plant watering, dust suppression and other construction site water service applications.
An economical, easy-to-use and highly efficient Anti-icing unit, ideal for smaller scale service areas or service areas spread across a larger service region, ie: parking lots and large building entrance ways and driveways, etc., a smart investment that will pay for itself quickly.
- A new innovative piece of equipment created by BARR that combines Brine Making and Spray Application of salt brine solution directly to roadways, walkways and parking lots.
- An economical 'All-In-One' Road De-Icing machine, that is ideal for property maintenance contractors and small municipalities, that eliminates the need for 2 separate pieces of more costly equipment.
- Top of machine is fitted with a containment deck and 16' dia. cemter lid and opening to place, cut open salt bags and fill salt into the Brine Making vessel.
- Comes standard with a quality, manual start, commercial Honda 5.5 HP Gas Powered Polypro 2' Brine Pump.
- Unit comes with an electric 1.5' electric on/off valve to open close the spray bar directly from the cab with the included extension cord with on/off switch.
- All corrosion-resistant durable, quality components - a piece of equipment that's very easy to operate, is long-lasting & low maintenance and one that will easily pay for itself within the first year of use.
- Unit has a rugged galvanized steel pallet base with 4-way entry that is easily handled and loaded onto a truck by forklift and moved around with a pallet jack.
- Pump is fitted with 2' auxillary suction and discharge ports to make this unit a multi-use water handling unit for all year-round use for dust control, Washdown, plant watering, fire-fighting, etc.
- Spray bar is fitted with 14 articulating, quick change spray tips and can cover a swath of up to 12' wide in a single pass - with a variety of tip types and flows available.
- Fitted with a 3/4' garden hose connection fitting with on/off valve as well.
- Unit can be fitted with optional hose reel with 3/4' x 50' long hose and HD commercial spray wand for brine application to sidewalks and stairways or plant watering.
- The BABM275 produces 23% Salt Brine Solution by adding Salt to the “Fill Line”, then the rest of the vessel with water and running the recirculation function for approx.
- 10-15 minutes.
- A quick response unit that gets you to the streets as fast as you can add salt and water and then mix on the way to the job.
- Ease of operation makes the BABM275 suitable for a variety of operators with some basic instruction.
- Manufactured with all durable, corrosion-resistant materials.
- Powered by a quality commercial 5.5 HP GX160 Honda gas engine with 2”, high flow, 45 PSI polypro brine pump.
- Equipped with an Electric On / Off Valve to open and close the spray bar. Comes w/ cord that connects to cigarette lighter power point on the dash board, with on/off switch.
- Spray bar frame fits easily into a standard truck hitch receiver
- Spray Bar is fitted with 14 quick change, adjustable spray tips capable of covering up to a 16 foot wide laneway.
- Unit is equipped with auxiliary 2” pump suction and discharge ports to use on-board pump for liquid transfer.
- Top surface is fitted with an all plastic deck with sides and a 16” opening, ideal for adding bagged salt or bulk salt from a hopper bottom bin (hopper bin available as an option).
- Optional high quality Hose Reel, Hose and adjustable SS Spray Wand are available to be mounted to the side of the unit.
- One tank of brine solution can cover up to approx. 25 lane kms at a commonly used application rate of 40L / Lane Km.
- The standard top loading deck is mainly designed for loading with bagged salt but can be more easily loaded with a modified loader bucket or a hopper bottom bin with a bottom slide gate. Unit can be fitted with a larger loading hopper as an option.
- Pump has a 2” strainer installed on the pump inlet to help keep any debris out of pump.
- The BABM275 is a very versatile sprayer and brine and water handling unit, with a wide range of application rates that can easily be achieved - to the lowest Brine application rates to much higher rates and flows commonly required in Dust Control applications.
- Spray bar tips come in straight stream, fan spray and hollow cone spray options to easily customize the spray patterns and application rates that you require. Tips have 360⁰ adjustability at up to a 25⁰ angle to place brine right where you want it.
- Spray tip plugs are also available to further adjust your spraying coverage and volume applied.
- One tank of brine solution can cover up to approx. 25 lane kms (15 miles) at a commonly used application rate for frost and black ice of 40L / Lane Km (18 USG / Lane Mile)
- Unit has a steel pallet base for easy loading / unloading with a forklift.
- The BABM275 unit has a low net weight so does not take up much of the trucks carrying capacity. It can be used, fully loaded on a ¾ Ton Pick-Up Truck when the unit is positioned at the front of the box or deck.
- The Tank has translucent walls all around for easy viewing of liquid and salt levels.
- There is a sampling tap located on side facing the operator for testing brine concentration before spraying. (Hydrometers sold separately)
- 2” Auxiliary Pump Suction & Discharge Ports so you can use the on-board pump for all manner of tank filling / emptying, water / brine transfer, wash-down, plant watering, fire-fighting, etc.