Description: BG is a pre-emergence weed killer you can use to get rid of weeds in your crop Your crop faces all sorts of threats when you establish it. One of the major threats to your crop...and your yield is an invasion by weeds.
How do weeds affect your crop?
When weeds are allowed to grow within your crop, they compete with the crop for nutrients, water, space and light.
If the weeds are not eliminated, they will deprive the crop of the nutrients, water, space and light which they need for growth and development.
When this happens the crop will not produce optimally.
In the end this situation will reduce your yield.
To help you deal with the threat of weeds in you crop, we provide you with BG, a herbicide, or weed killer, which is effective.
You can use BG in the following crops:
- Soya beans
- Maize (corn)
- Sugar beans
How does BG help your crop?
- It controls a wide range of weeds in your crop. This includes both broad-leaf weeds and grasses.
- Flexible to use - you can do both ground and aerial sprays.
- Suppresses weeds by eliminating them while they are still in the ground to make sure your young crop is free to thrive.
- Saves you the cost of labour through manual weeding
- Low application rates - small quantities are sprayed over a large area. It becomes cost effective per hectare.
- Minimum waiting period in between crops - you do not have to wait long before you establish another crop in the field where you previously sprayed BG.
- Bio-degradeable - BG is friendly to the environment and the soil.
BG comes in liquid form. This makes it easy to measure and also easy to apply.
How to apply BG
The rate of application depends on your soil type. Lower rates (0.7 litres per hectare) are applied on sandy soils. Higher rates (1.5 litres per hectare) are applied on clay soils.
BG is applied as one application before either the crop or the weeds emerge. This should be within three days after planting.