With BCS tillers, you don’t just dig your dirt, you build your soil. Bust sod, prepare seedbeds, precision cultivate and, when gardening season is over, power compost spent plant material or between-season cover crops directly back into your soil for organically richer soil in the spring. Most importantly, BCS accomplishes this effortlessly. Like any good tool, your “job” is to simply keep it company. Because of its chopping action, the forward-rotating tines are not prone to getting tangled with plant material. With large wheels in control and proper balance, the tiller avoids “tine walking” and requires little or no downward pressure on the handles. Its compact design makes it easy to turn at the end of the row.
Simply put, BCS tillers are of professional quality, to be enjoyed by home and commercial gardeners alike. All BCS tractors, with the exception of the model 712, have a second, dedicated speed for cultivating between your plants. In this gear, the tines turn 10 times per revolution of the wheel, eliminating weeds and creating a dirt mulch without over-pulverizing your soil.
- Width sizes: 18'', 20'', 26'', 30'', 33''
- Adjustable widths: 26'' narrows to 20''; 30'' narrows to 26''; 33'' narrows to 27''.
- Tines rotate 50% faster than competiive brands at a rate of 20 rotations per wheel revolution.
- Tine speed can also be adjusted to a 10:1 rotation ratio when in second gear.
- Planar wedge in center of tiller breaks up center soil, leaving no untilled strip down the middle.
- Tine disconnect with lockout stops tines from spinning during transport or when in reverse for safer operation.
- Four tine depth settings, maximum of 8'' tilled depth.
- Replacement tine kits available.