Bicco BIONEEM - Bio Pesticides
BIONEEM : Based on Azadirachtin isolated from the kernel of neem seeds, this broad spectrum biocide provides the most effective, economic and lasting control of major pests of agricultural and plantation crops. It is the most environment friendly pesticide, highly biodegradable and leaves no residues on the food stuff. NEEM is well known in India for centuries for its medicinal properties. But it is also a source of natural insecticides. Current research confirms that neem derivatives indeed have wide ranging pesticidal activities. BIONEEM is based on Azadirachtin, the potent insect and mite killer, anti-feedant, and growth retardant isolated from the kernel of neem seeds. Azadirachtin is a highly oxidized triterpenoid having molecular formula of C35 H44 O16.
BIONEEM is a purely neem based water soluble emulsifiable concentrate developed indigenously by the R & D Division of the BICCO AGRO PRODUCTS PVT. LTD. in collaboration of Agricultural Universities.
- The active ingredients of BIONEEM constitute
- Azadirachtin (minimum): 300 ppm:
- Empirical Formula: C35 H44 O16
- Molecular weight: 720.73
- Specific Gravity: 0.9087 at 20ºC
- Flash Point: + 77.76
- PH Value: 5.63
- Physical State: E.C.
QUALITATIVE CHEMICAL ANALYSIS
- Azadirachtin, Iodine, Salanool, Acetate, 3-Deacctyl Salanin, Gedunin, 14-Epoxyazadion.
MODE OF ACTION
Immediate contact and knock-down action followed by a systemic action of long duration. The systemic action provides the much needed preventive action against potential damages from insects, mites and fungal organisms. BIONEEM acts against different life-stages of insects and mites.
- Life stages: Effects
- Larva: Antifeedant
- Growth disruptant
- Moult and Chitin inhibitor
- Larval toxicant
- Pupa: Growth disruptant
- Moult inhibitor
- Direct toxicity
- Adult: Immediate knock-down
- Antifeedant and repellency
- Ovipositional deterrent
BIONEEM is a broad spectrum pesticide effective against all species including red spiders, and insect pests like helopeltis, aphids, jassids, thrips and caterpillars etc. The extent of control by immediate action is in the region od 95-100%.
Antifeedant effect : The active ingredient in BIONEEM inhibits sensory receptors of mouth parts, resulting in disorientation of normal probing, feeding and intake of food by insects and mites.
Repellent action : BIONEEM has very strong repellent and deterrent effects which prevent the insects and mites from colonising the treated plants.
Insect growth disruption : Azadirachtin component of BIONEEM inhibits normal growth and development or insects and mites causing biological failures of their life-cycles.
- BIONEEM is compatible with common insecticides, acaricides, fungicides, and foliar nutrients. BIONEEM can be an alternate to conventional pesticides in normal spraying or can be used in combination. Even by itself BIONEEM would give the most effective control of insects and mites, especially when totally residue free tea is needed.
TOXICITY AND RESIDUE
- BIONEEM does not create any residue problem as its active principles are totally biodegradable. It does not create any environmental or pollution problems.
- Acute oral toxicity in rats 15000 mg/kg body wt (no mortality)
- Acute dermal toxicity 10000 mg/kg body wt (mortality)
SPECIAL EFFECTS OF BIONEEM.
- No toxic residue on food stuff; hence most appropriate for organic agriculture.
- No harm to natural predators, parasites of pests, and pollinators.
- No resistance to pests.
- Protects crops from pest attacks.
- Totally biodegradable.
- Ideal for Integrated Pest Management Programmes.
- No ecological or environmental problems.