BioChop Ensiling System
The BioChop ensiling system is a complete free-standing silage tank for the treatment of remnants, intestines and other by-products, for example from restaurants, industrial kitchens, the fishing industry, the catering industry, waste water treatment plants, the poultry processing industry, the fruit and vegetable processing industry.
The product is added to the tank, comminuted, liquefied and pumped back out in one process.
The result of this process is a thin substance which can easily be pumped in closed pipes to either a tanker or storage tank for further use or disposal, e.g. in a biogas plant.
If you need to store the liquid for an extended period, you will benefit from the BioChop hygienisation unit, which features automatic acid dosing and heat treatment.
Landia BioChop offers numerous advantages compared with traditional methods:
- Your firm’s residual products can often be refined to valuable raw materials which can be sold, e.g. for the production of mink or animal feed or as an energy-efficient substrate for a biogas plant.
- Significant cost savings on labour, transport and disposal.
- An environmental gain from recycling your by-products, which can contribute to improving your firm’s green image.
- The BioChop unit minimises obnoxious smells and prevents pests from entering the by-products, thus providing veterinary and work environment improvements.
Complete systems for treatment of organic by-products, remnants and waste from:
- food industry
- fish industry
- poultry processing industry
- catering, restaurants etc.
- vegetable and fruit processing industry
- wastewater treatment plants
BioChop can handle:
- abattoir waste
- fish waste
- gastric/intestine contents
- vegetable and fruit waste
- raw septic sewage
- other remnants
The organic by-products are added to the tank, chopped, mixed and made pumpable in one process by a powerful chopper pump. With the use of BioChop coarse dry matter particles will be chopped/macerated efficiently. After sufficient processing and mixing of the medium, the product is now easy to handle and can be pumped further on in the system to e.g. a storage tank or a tanker, simply by switching the pump from its chopping/mixing function to pumping.
BioChop systems represent a new, cost-effective way to process by-products and waste in a great variety of different industries. Every BioChop is customized to the clients' specific needs. Compared to traditional methods, the Landia BioChop system offers reduced cost for waste disposal, manpower and transport as well as ensures a cleaner working environment. The final product is pumpable and easy to handle. In many situations it can be recycled as a valuable raw material used in e.g. mink and petfood production or as an energy-rich substrate at biogas plants.
By means of acid the by-products can be preserved after the BioChop process, if storage is equired for a longer period of time. Landia supplies complete process plants with acid dosage equipment.
- Chopper pump and process tank of acidproof stainless steel
- Cover with opening for manual or automatic filling
- Volume 2.6 m3 - other sizes available
- Chopping system for efficient chopp
- Non-clog pump casing and impeller
- Complete control system
- Acid dosage equipment
- Load cells
- Automatic interior flushing