BlueLite - Model C - Electrolytes
In the first few days of life, calves encounter metabolic and digestive stresses as they change environments and make the transition to a milk diet. Ensure a healthy start by providing electrolytes to help support immune system development. BlueLite C supports hydration by providing electrolytes, multiple energy sources, and acidification to help maintain a healthy digestive environment. BlueLite C can be fed with milk products to support digestion and utilization, and has been proven an effective and easy way to ensure that young calves maintain hydration balance.
Calves have minimal reserves of fat, energy and electrolytes and are unable to digest complex forms of energy and protein. Provide acidified electrolytes and readily digestible energy by adding BlueLite C to whole milk, milk replacer, or water. At the first sign of dehydration or loss of energy provide BlueLite C and continue until normal consumption returns. Feed BlueLite C for the first 7-10 days of life with milk products to offer digestive support. For many years, producers have relied on BlueLite C for hydration support in young calves.
- Support water intake and maintain hydration
- During transition to weaning
- Support the digestion of colostrum
- To support clot formation of milk nutrients to help utilization of milk solids
- To maintain digestion and nutrient utilization
- For purchased calves during the transition
- Add to water during the summer and winter months for added energy
- For daily hydration maintenance to provide extra fluids during scours
Key Functional Components: Electrolytes, Acidification, Multiple Energy Sources
- Provides fat, energy, and electrolytes in a simple digestible form to support growth
- Quickly provides maintenence support to young calves and maintains optimum electrolyte and fluid balance
- Helps support healthy immune system development for pre-weaned calves
- Designed to help reduce shrink and dehydration in young calves
- BlueLite C can be added to whole milk, milk replacer, or water and supplemented via drench or esophageal feeder
- Aromatic blend of pH adjusted electrolytes that are compatible with milk or milk replacer feedings
- Contains multiple energy sources
- Provide acidified electrolytes and readily digestible energy
- For dehydrated calves, provide 2 ounces of BlueLite C to every 2 quarts whole milk, milk replacer, or water consumed on a daily basis.
Note: The measure in the pail holds approximately 2 ounces of BlueLite C when level.
Caution: Calves showing symptoms of coma, shock or that are too weak to stand should be treated as directed by a veterinarian.
- For young calves prior to weaning, provide one capsule for each 15-20 pounds body weight on a daily basis.
- Phosphorus (P), min: 0.18%
- Salt (NaCl), min: 5.90%
- Salt (NaCl), max: 7.00%
- Magnesium (Mg), min: 0.05%
- Potassium (K), min: 2.50%
- Sodium (Na), min: 4.00%
- Sodium (Na), max: 5.00%