Bluetooth Electronic Sow Tag Reader
Big Dutchman’s new Bluetooth Electronic Sow Tag Reader is a new-generation reader and a remarkably handy tool to manage electronically tagged sows. The reader registers the sow number and transfers it wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. The BigFarmNet app, available for Android and iOS, links the ear transponder number to the corresponding animal data so the farm manager can see all up-to-date information about the sow on his/her preferred device.
Unlike conventional ear tag readers, Big Dutchman’s BestReader is exceptionally handy, weighing only 4-1/2 ounces and is small enough to fit in your pocket just like a small phone. It requires no cables for data transfer and does not need to be plugged in – the battery is simply charged by an inductive charging “power plate” to last you for up to one week. This in turn allows for an absolutely robust design with an IP (Ingress Protection) rating of 69, meaning it has the absolute highest protection against dust and liquids.
The BFN app synchronizes the transferred data automatically and in real time with the BigFarmNet management program on the office PC. No cables or manual syncing necessary thanks to the wireless network or GSM. The software is based on Big Dutchman’s innovative BigFarmNet technology which is able to interconnect the entire farm so that all applications and controls communicate within one single program.
- Very handy: pocket-size, but very robust
- Simple to use: on/off button and “read” button, vibration to confirm reading
- Wireless data transfer – no cables, no plugging in
- Simple charging with induction pad
- Worry-free usage
- Reader is shock-resistant and insensitive to dust and water with highest IP rating of 69
- User can utilize preferred smart phone or tablet
- Animal data is instantly displayed on your phone (online or offline)
- No need to manually synchronize via cable
- Several end devices (phones) can be used simultaneously
The BestReader lets you upgrade to a new phone or more modern device at any time. Just download the app from the app store and connect to the reader via Bluetooth.
- Pocket-size, and totally robust device
- Wireless data transfer
- Instant access to animal data in the barn
- Reader requires no cables: inductive charging and wireless data synchronizing
- Use iPhone or Android smart phone or a tablet with free downloadable BigFarmNet app.
- Several end devices (phones/tablets) can be used simultaneously
- Instant data display in the barn – no need to manually synchronize