Botudoll - Livestock Vaccine - Botulism Vaccine
BOTUDOLL is a concentrated bivalent vaccine containing Cl.botulinum type C and Cl. botulinum type D which are inactivated by formaline and adsorbed onto aluminium hydroxide. Indications: Botulism is a severe and fatal disease of cattle. The mortality rate might reach to 90-95% in uncontrolled conditions. The treatment is unsucccesfull and the vaccination is the only practial way to prevent botulism. BOTUDOLL is used for providing active long lasting immunity against botulism.
- Composition per dose: Cl botulinum type C toxoid: 80% protection in vaccinated mice Cl botulinum type D toxoid: 80% protection in vaccinated mice: Aluminium hydroxide gel: (%15) 0,15 ml Formaline (37 % ): 0,8 ml Phenol: 0,32 gr
- Target Species: Cattle, horses, sheep and goats
- Administration and dosage: Cattle and horses: Administer 2 ml behind the scapulae by subcutaneous route.
- Sheep and goats: Administer 1 ml under arm by subcutaneous way. Revaccinate animals 14 days after the first inoculation. If immunity wants to be reinforced, BOTUDOLL should be administered in every year according to the stated vaccination programme. In endemic areas booster vaccination should be applied six months later.
- Packing: 25, 50 ml and 100 ml in glass bottles
- Storage: Store in a cool place (2 ºC – 8 ºC). Do not freeze. Protect from light.
- Destruction conditions: All used bottles should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements of Medicinal Wastes Control Legislation.