Brillion - Sub Soiler
The Brillion line of Sub Soilers includes 1, 2 or 3 shank models. Laser cut, shear bolt parabolic shanks with 2” flat points and wear strips make up the ground engaging end of a very basic tillage machine.
Basic Machine/Basic Tillage
The Brillion Sub Soilers are built on an all welded one-piece frame. The shanks bolt to a set of adjustable angle irons that are fastened to the underside of the frame. The rear shank mount bolt is the pivot; the front shank mount bolt is the shear bolt. When an obstruction is encountered, the front bolt will shear and the shank will trip rearward to clear the obstruction. The machine must then be raised out of the soil, the shank returned to position and a new shear bolt installed. This is a very user friendly procedure to minimize downtime in the field. The Sub Soiler is designed to operate at a maximum depth of 16”. Since maximum horsepower requirements are limited to 120 HP, these units are designed for small to medium size operations. These machines are close coupled to the tractor with either a Cat. I or II three-point hitch.
Small Machines/Big Capacity
Brillion Sub Soilers are small in size. However, they have the capacity to handle compaction issues just like many other sophisticated units on the market costing much more. Many specialty producers rely on Brillion Sub Soilers for vineyard and orchard work. Others use these machines as entry level compaction control units. It’s all about meeting expectations! Brillion can do it!
Simple in Design, But Built Tough to Shatter Hardpans
- One, Two and Three Shank Models Available
- Cat. I and Quick Hitch Compatible on 1- Shank Models
- Cat. II and Quick Hitch Compatible on 2- and 3- Shank Models
- 5' x 7' Frame Structure on Single Bar Models
- 4' x 6' Frame Structure on Double Bar Models
- Parking Stand
- 29' Under Frame Clearance when Equipped with Standard Shanks
- 35' Under Frame Clearance with Equipped with High Clearance Shanks
- Heavy-Duty Laser Cut Parabolic Shanks
- Shear Bolt Protected Shanks
- 0.625' x 3.75' Shear Bolt
- Shank Mounts Easily Moveable on Tool Bar for Infinite Shank Spacings
- Maximum of 16' Working Depth
- 2 1/2' Flat Steel Points and Flat Reversible Wearstrips Standard Equipment
- Powder Coat Paint