BrushHound - Model FX36 - Defender Forestry Mulcher
The FX36 Defender Forestry Mulcher is the latest in the Defender line of Mulchers. Engineered to work efficiently with mid-sized excavators from 16 to 30 thousand pounds. It is the perfect tool for property maintenance, to clear a right-of-way, open up a view, or to create a defensible space in areas where wildfires are a threat.
Like all BrushHound Attachments, it is durable, dependable and easy to maintain. Cutting capacity up to 8” continuous. BrushHound is continuing to innovate the attachment market and here is why.
- Quadco Cutter Knives. Easy to change. Four positions, one-piece steel alloy
- True Shaft Technology. An electronically balanced cutter drum with serviceable hubs to ensure straight shafts that run smooth for years of reliable, vibration-free operation
- Hydraulic Direct Drive. Increases efficiency, power and torque; reduces maintenance
- 12.75-inch Cutter Drum. 1,800 RPM, three-quarter inch thickness
- Extra-Strength Thumb Saddle. Serrated edge works with excavator thumb to grab and remove debris or obstacles
- Engineered for Mid Sized Excavators. Only 20GPM hydraulic flow required
- Cuts Material Up to 8”. Heavy brush, vines, trees.
The FX36 Defender Forestry Mulcher is a fixed-tooth cutter that weighs 1500 pounds. It is designed to operate on the standard thumb circuit on all 9-14 ton excavators. Its Quadco cutter knives have four positions and will make short work of trees up to 8 inches in diameter as well as vines, grasses and other material.
- Cutting Width: 36'
- Overall Width: 67'
- Weight: 1500 lbs.
- Cutter Tool Station: 24
- Teeth: 24
- Hydraulic Flow Req: 20gpm
- Hydraulic Pressure Req: 3000 psi
- Cutter RPM: 1800