Model C460 - Straw Blower & Bale Feeder
A key feature of the McHale C460 is its twin speed independent gearbox, which allows the operator to easily adjust the rpm from 280 rpm for feeding silage or hay up to 540 rpm for using the machine to distribute straw for bedding.
Feeding: The McHale C460 is an ideal machine for feeding silage and hay, the two speed gearbox allows silage to be distributed exactly where it is desired. The speed of the conveyor is proportionally controlled, allowing the operator to adjust feeding speed depending on material density and composition.
Bedding: The McHale C460 can be used to distribute bedding material quickly and efficiently leaving a thick aerated bed of straw. In difficult to access bedding areas, the chute on the McHale C460 can pass through 300 degrees for ease of feeding. Straw can be blown 18m on the right hand side and 13m to the left hand side of the machine.
Key Features on the McHale C460 include:
- High Torque Belt Drive Rotor
- Specially designed flywheel to facilitate good discharge and excellent clean out.
- 2 speed gearbox to increase or reduce flywheel rpm for bedding or feeding.
- Bedding of straw up to 18 metres.
- Joystick controlled discharge chute to facilitate bedding and feeding.
- Self-loading tailgate.
- 3 stage feeding chute.
- 300-degree swivel chute.
- Machine Body: The machine body on the McHale C460 is compact which makes the machine easy to manoeuvre. The machine body is designed so that it is narrow at the bottom and tapers out as the machine gets higher; this is a design feature which keeps the machine low to ensure superior visibility. It also ensures that as a bale is turning in the machine any loose material which comes over the top of the bale falls within the machine body.