Carrier - Vibrating Fluid Bed Dryers
Carrier vibrating fluid bed dryers are designed to dry and/or cool a variety of products at a wide variation of feed rates.
Like conventional fluid bed processors, vibrating fluid bed dryers function by passing a process gas directly through a bed of solids via a perforated plate or another type of fluidizing media. Vibration is added to aid in fluidization of more difficult to fluidize materials.
Vibrating fluid bed dryers are well suited for the following applications:
- Processing of material that has a wide particle size distribution. Vibration will help to discharge oversize particles that will not fluidize.
- Processing of sluggish or sticky materials.
- Processing of temperature sensitive materials. A subfluidized condition can be created to produce plug flow and eliminate burning or discoloration of individual particles.
- Processing of fragile materials. Low amplitude vibration and reduced fluidizing velocity create a gentle bed, which causes less degradation than conventional fluid beds or other mechanical dryers.
Other features and benefits of Carrier vibrating fluid bed dryers:
- Lower fluidizing velocities are required, making the system more energy efficient.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Recirculated gas and closed-loop systems available for improved efficiency or solvent recovery.
- Clean-in-place and fire suppression systems available where necessary.
- Carrier’s patented Delta-Phase® Drive option permits on-line adjustment of angle of vibration and precise retention time control.
- Sanitary, U.S.D.A. (3A) approved construction.