Case IH Steiger - Model Steiger and Quadtrac range - Tractors
The latest results from the Nebraska Tractor Test Lab show that Case IH Steiger® tractors with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology have set new industry records for fuel-efficient power. So you don't have to sacrifice productivity to meet new emissions regulations or settle for less fuel efficiency to get more power. That's because these tractors have been engineered for Efficient Power with knowledge gained by talking to producers in the field. We've worked with producers like you to find unique solutions to cover more acres in a day, keep you in the field as long as you need and even give you a more comfortable, intuitive cab.
What do you do with a line of machines with a history of industry records, including the world’s most powerful tractor, innovative design and engineering, unmatched fuel efficiency, and a proven record of performance? If you’re Case IH, you find ways to make them even better. That’s what drives the new Steiger tractors model year 2016 enhancements:
- Improved shifting performance in both manual shifting and APM
- Increased shuttle shift speed for better maneuverability and productivity
- New LED light packages offering brighter lights for greater visibility during nighttime field work
- Advanced steering system helps reduce operator input for increased control both on the road and in the field
- Automatic differential lock helps operators get through tough spots in the field without having any input
- Split wide electric mirrors increase rear visibility from the operator's seat
- Advanced Line Aquisition gets operators on a guidance line quicker and smoother
- The Steiger 370, 420 and 470 maintain the heavier, thicker steel frame with the larger wheel base of the larger Steiger tractors, but are built with a narrower frame width for row-crop farmers.
Four Independent Positive-Drive Tracks
- Available on the Steiger 370, 420 470, 500, 540, 580 and 620, the Steiger Quadtrac® has four individually driven, oscillating tracks that reduce compaction and provides better floatation and traction in the field.
The 16-speed, full powershift Steiger transmission produces smooth shifting and reduces fatigue at the end of a long day in the field. It accomplishes this through pulse-width modulation, which allows the smoothest possible shifts under load. The newest version of this proven transmission also features larger gears and clutch packs that deliver years of service while transmitting up to 682 peak horsepower to the ground for large-scale farming.
- Nine gears in the field working range - to maximize on productivity in the working range of 3-8 MPH
- 16 forward speeds for efficient power transfer
- Electronically controlled shifting allows for smooth shifts with features with ease of operation:
- Diesel Saver™ Automatic Productivity Management (APM) saves fuel by selecting most efficient gear range
- Skip Shifts that provide faster speed increases in the field and on the road
- Fwd & Rev Power Shuttle Shifts (Steering Column / MultiFunction Handle)
- Shuttle Capability up to 6.5 MPH / 8th Gear
- Programmable start-up in gears 1-8
- Constant mesh helical cut gears provide quiet operation
- Oil level sight gage for ease of daily maintenance inspection
- Sensitivity settings to provide smoother shifting operation
- Ground level filter service
- Cab controlled transmission calibration for smoother efficient operation