Case IH - Model NPX 2800 - Sidedress Fertilizer Applicator
Agronomists from the University of Illinois compared forms of N application and their effect on corn yield. When UAN was injected into the root zone, there was a 35% gain in yield and more than a 150% increase in return on investment when compared to broadcast UAN (Univ. of Illinois Studies, 1995-1998).
Either a liquid coulter knife or injector can be used with the NPX2800 toolbar:
- Case IH knife – the cast chromium carbide 1/4-in. knife assures all liquid fertilizer is applied at knife depths (minimum 10 psi is recommended).
- Case IH injector – the low-maintenance liquid injector directs a high-pressure stream of liquid fertilizer into the coulter slot. 40 to 100 psi is recommended for precise application.
Choose the tank capacity that best fits your operation—500, 800 or 1,300 gallons.
500 or 850 gallons:
- Number of coulters: 7, 9, or 11 at 30-in. spacing
- Working width: 17 ft. 6 in. to 27 ft. 6 in. (5.3 to 8.4 m)
- Wheel spacing: Adjustable 62, 72, 76 and 80 in. (157, 183, 193 and 203 cm) or fixed 120 in. (305 cm)
- Number of coulters: 11, 13 or 15 at 30-in. spacing
- Working width: 27 ft. 6 in. to 37 ft. 6 in. (8.4 to 11.4 m)
- Wheel spacing: Adjustable 120, 144 and 156 in. (305, 366 and 396 cm)
The NPX 2800 coulter bar and ground drive systems are mounted in front of the tank to provide excellent visibility. All models are designed to maintain constant tongue weight whether the tank is loaded or empty, and the pressure gauge is easily visible from the tractor seat. When making end-row turns, the parallel linkage system raises and lowers the coulter bar while the tank remains stationary. The coulter assembly stays perpendicular when the bar is raised so no individual coulter depth adjustment is needed. The wings fold over center during transport to another field. Visibility during transport in also excellent since the tank is mounted lengthwise.
The active hydraulic system maintains down force to keep coulters at the desired operating depth across the full width of the applicator—a key advantage over competitive models. The system provides 1,000 pounds of hydraulic pressure on the wing-fold cylinders to force coulters into the soil, and pressure reducing/relieving valve maintains the down pressure while allowing the wings to follow the contours.
Pin-adjust gauge wheels allow for quick and easy wing depth adjustment to match the center section operating depth. This model follows ground contours up to six degrees down and 30 degrees up, providing for extra clearance on turns and flexibility when operating in the field.
Designed with added durability
- The 4 in. x 8 in. frame and hitch tubing combine with two ranks of 4 in. x 6 in. tubing with diagonal bracing to add strength and durability to the toolbar.
- The 1,300-gallon tank rests on a solid formed steel sheet to distribute stress loads more evenly.
- Large 420/80 R46 tires provide extra flotation.