Chandler - Model 9-PT-FT - Ground Wheel Drive Pyll-Type Fertilizer/Lime Spreader
The Chandler Fertilizer and Lime Spreader is a durable, heavy duty and well designed unit to give long lasting, trouble-free service. The design and construction goes far beyond present standards and is striving for a lime or fertilizer spreader to meet the quality our customers demand. The superior design and construction, its low initial cost, its efficiency and ease of operation and economical maintenance make it the preferred spreader throughout the agribusiness industry.
The Chandler 'FT unit is available in (3) models:
- 'FT-CS' - Standard duty carbon steel with stainless steel at critical corrosion points.
- 'FT-CH' - Heavy duty carbon steel with stainless steel at critical corrosion points.
- 'FT-SS' - Stainless steel construction.
- Conveyor Type: 1' x 1' mesh type, heavy duty type 304 stainless steel conveyor chain - 16' wide. (Also available in other widths.) (Bar style chains and neoprene belts of various widths also available on special order.)
- Conveyor Drive: Conveyor is driven by press wheel, engaged and disengaged with handle located at front of spreader unit. (Optional hydraulic cylinder available to engage and disengage press wheel from tractor.) (See optional equipment - F.)
- Metering Gate: Double rack and pinion operated. Metering gate, gate slides and gate turn pipe mfd. from type 304 stainless steel. Note: Many competitors utilize a screw jack to raise and lower metering gate. We also offer this type gate and mechanism as optional equipment with a reduction in price. (See optional equipment - option G.)
- Conveyor Rates: Utilize two sets of sprockets - low to medium and medium to high application rate 75 lbs. to 4000 lbs. per acre. Unit, unlike many competitors models, utilizes same roller chain tor both application rates and can be changed simply by loosening wing nut on Idler assembly and moving chain (no tool required.)
- Material Divider: Specially engineered 'Screw Type' adjustable material divider for proper material placement on spinners to insure uniform spread pattern at all application rates. (Screw rod and material divider mfd. of type 304 stainless steel.)
- Conveyor Rollers: Front and rear rollers mfd. from astm-36 plate steel. (Most competitors use cast iron.) Front and rear rollers have VA' diameter shafts with VA' flange type bearings. (Many competitors use smaller diameter shafts, thus smaller bearings.)