FieldScout - Model CM 1000 - Chlorophyll Meter
“Point-and-shoot” technology to instantly measure relative chlorophyll content.
- Detects stress earlier than visual monitoring
- Technology based on an exclusive patent license from NASA
- Laser guides outline the edges of the measured sample area
- Calculates and displays a running average for multiple readings
- Connects to any GPS receiver that has a serial output option*
- Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port
- Records 3,250 measurements (1,350 with added GPS/DGPS option)
- Configure and download meter with FieldScout® software (not included)**
- Compatible with SpecConnect Includes hard carrying case and batteries
* GPS interface requires two cables. The GPS/DGPS cable (item 2950CV5) is available from Spectrum.
A PC serial interface cable supplied by the manufacturer of the GPS receiver is also required.
** PC cable connects to a computer USB port.
- Measurement Sample: Plant leaves, turf grass canopy
- Measurement System: Reflectance; Ambient and reflected 700 nm and 840 nm light are used to calculate the relative chlorophyll index
- Measurement Area: Conical viewing area between 12 and 72 in
- Minimum Distance: 12 in (30.5 cm) from lens
- Maximum Distance: Accuracy is unknown beyond 72 in from lens
- Distance From Lens:
- 12 in (30.5 cm)
- 18 in (45.7 cm)
- 48 in (1.22 m)
- Sample Area (Diameter):
- 0.53 in (1.35 cm)
- 1.21 in (3.07 cm)
- 4.65 in (11.8 cm)
- Receptor: (4) photodiodes; (2) for ambient light and (2) for reflected light from the sample (leaf)
- Measurement Units: Index of relative chlorophyll content; 0 to 999
- Measurement Interval: 2 seconds per measurement
- Repeatability: ±5% of reading
- Data Logger: Requires software and PC interface cable; Capacity:1,350 measurements with GPS/DGPS; 3,250 measurements without GPS/DGPS; nonvolatile memory
- Battery/Life: 2 AAA batteries (included); approx. 3,000 measurements