Model CM100 - Coco Mill
The Logitec Coir Mill has been developed to moisturize and break up the compressed blocks in the proper way. The mill brings the coir back to its original state before compressing but with the desired moisture level. The mill gently decompresses the coir using moisture and a specialised patented mill.
Coir is being used more often in modern horticulture due to the excellent breeding characteristics and good availabilty of the material. Coir is thought to be one of the most important growing media of the future. By compressing the material into blocks, coir can be shipped economically worldwide.
Up to now coir processing has been a slow process or done with brute force to break up the compressed blocks. This can damage the fibres and does not work in the necessary moisture in the coir to decompress properly. Proper moisture is required before filling and planting.
The Logitec Coir Mill has been developed to moisturize and break up the compressed blocks in the proper way. The mill brings the coir back to its original state before compressing but with the desired moisture level. The mill gently decompresses the coir using moisture and a specialised patented mill. Moisture control and a special screen only allows the coir that is properly processing to leave the mill. The process is still done at high speed. With a rate of over 200 coir blocks per hour the Logitec Coir Mill can feed multiple filling machines at once.
The Logitec Coco Mill can be supplied in various configurations. From the simple manual system to fully automatic. An optional touch screen control panel will allow for perfect moiture control and the possibility for recipe buidling. The coir blocks are filled automatically into the Coir Mill using a special pallet lift.
Advantages of The Logitec Coir Mill:
- Product can be loaded directly from the shipping pallet, therefore less risk of contamination of diseases.
- Machine can be used inside. This makes sure that production can continue in any weather.
- Material is moisturized before being loosened which helps maintain the structure of the coir material.
- Can be used for all types of Coir Blocks.
- No dust forming.
- Low water usage by recycling back into the mill.
- The Coir processing line can be operated with one person.
- Possibillity to add additives to the coir and mix inline using Logitec’s soil mixing components.
- Compatible for: all sorts of compressed coir block with compression ratios up to 8:1 and for all fraction sizes.
- Dosing capacity: up to 200 blocks per hour. (standard version)
- Electrical Use: Standard Coir Mill in total 9kW. (including all options max. 19kW)
- Power: 400V – 3 fase – 50 or 60Hz. (other voltages available upon request)
- Description of the installation:
- Drum with horizontal Coir Mill with carriers and scrapers
- Scraper wheel to scrape the wet material from the blocks
- Adjustable water level in the Coir Mill.
- Sprayers and water pump.
- 2 Screw conveyor for discharge of the processed product.
- Optional fully automatic version with touch screen controls, moisture level measurement and programming.
- Optional lift for automatic dosing of coir blocks directly from the pallet.
- Optional conveyor belts and hoppers.
The Logitec Coir Mill offers you properly processing coir with maximum flexibility and control using minimal labour.