Model CM200 - Coco Mill
The Logitec Plus Coco Mill CM200: The Logitec Coir Mill has been developed to moisturize and break up the compressed blocks in the proper way. The mill brings the coir back to its original state before compressing but with the desired moisture level. The mill gently decompresses the coir using moisture and a specialised patented mill. Coir is being used more often in modern horticulture due to the excellent breeding characteristics and good availabilty of the material. Coir is thought to be one of the most important growing media of the future. By compressing the material into blocks, coir can be shipped economically worldwide.
Up to now coir processing has been a slow process or carried out using brute force which breaks up the compressed blocks. This can damage the fibres and does not incorporate the necessary moisture in the coir to decompress properly. Proper moisture is required before filling and planting.
The Logitec Coco Mill has been developed to moisturize and break up the compressed blocks in the proper way. The mill brings the coir back to its original state with the desired moisture level. The mill gently decompresses the coir using moisture control and a specialised screen. The special screen only releases the coir that is properly processed. The process is done at high speed, with a rate of about 25m3 of ready material per hour. The Logitec Coir Mill can feed multiple filling machines at once.
The Logitec Coco Mill can be supplied in various configurations. From a simple manual system to fully automatic. An optional touch screen control panel will allow for perfect mositure control and the possibility for recipe buidling. Coir blocks are filled automatically into the Coir Mill using a special pallet lift.
Advantages of The Logitec Coco Mill:
- Product can be loaded directly from the shipping pallet, therefore less risk of cross-contamination or diseases.
- Machine can be used indoors, which allows production to continue in any weather.
- Material is moisturized before being loosened which helps maintain the structure of the coir material.
- Can be used for all types of Coir Blocks.
- No dust forming.
- Low water usage by recycling back into the mill.
- The Coir processing line can be operated with one person.
- Possibillity to add additives to the coir and mix inline using Logitec’s soil mixing components.
- Full Service, parts and support available within North America.
- Compatible for: all sorts of compressed coir block with compression ratios up to 7:1 and for all fraction sizes.
- Dosing capacity: up to 25m3 of ready material per hour. (standard version)
- Electrical Use: Standard Coir Mill in total 9kW. (including all options max. 19kW)
- Power: 400V or 208V – 3 phase – 50 or 60Hz. (other voltages available upon request)
Description of the installation:
- Drum with horizontal Coco Mill with carriers and scrapers
- Scraper wheel to scrape the wet material from the blocks
- Sprayers and water pump.
- 2 Screw conveyor for discharge of the processed product.
- Optional fully automatic version with touch screen controls, moisture level measurement and programming.
- Optional lift for automatic dosing of coir blocks directly from the pallet.
- Optional conveyor belts and hoppers.