From Mastitis Management
The CMT (California Mastitis Test) is a rapid cow-side test for early detection of mastitis, and for years has been a trusted tool of dairy producers. ImmuCell’s CMT offers the same ease-of-use and accuracy as other brands, but at a lower cost per test. That alone is Intelligent Mastitis Management™! But what really makes the ImmuCell CMT brand different is that we seek and provide ideas for using the kit more advantageously.
- Easy: Anyone on the dairy can administer the test.
- Proven: Same reliable performance as other CMT brands (data on file at ImmuCell).
- Fast: Detect clinical and subclinical mastitis in seconds.
- Cost Effective: Savings per test over comparable products or alternate methods.
- Rugged: Environmental changes have little effect on performance.
Intelligent Ways to Use ImmuCell CMT
- Screen entire herd for subclinical mastitis at regular intervals.
- Use DHIA composite data to ID cows and then use the CMT test to determine which quarter of the udder is mastitic.
- Monitor lactating therapy to see if treatments are working.
- Check your bulk tank for elevated SCC’s and address problems sooner: a positive CMTresponse in the bulk tank indicates a herd-wide subclinical mastitis problem.