Commander - Model DWH-500C - Sloped Double Wall Aluminum Grain Trailer
From Commodity Trailers
The 'original' sloped double wall aluminum grain trailer by Wilson Trailer is available in both widths and ALL lengths! Experience the reliability of a proven and tested design, rather than the trials of others attempting to duplicate it. Wilson's Commander model has been serving the grain hauling industry for many years. Most notably the Commander is the first double wall aluminum grain trailer available with a sloped front and rear, and understandably since it is a Wilson, the trailer possesses all the superior quality elements Wilson is known for. Standard with the original and patented RollerTrap™ – The industry's easiest to use trap opener since 1996. Lightweight, trouble-free, and very low maintenance.
- Length :34'-0' to 53'-0' overall length(s).
- Width :8'-0' (95-3/4') overall width(s), 92' inside between skin. 8'-6' (101-3/4') overall width(s), 98' inside between skin available as extra cost option.
- Height :66' side height with 54' skin is 10' 4-1/4' (124-1/4') overall on 48-1/4' fifth wheel height and 10' rise ridge strap supports. Optional heights are: 72,' 78,' 84,' 90', 96', 102', 108', and 114'.
- King Pin :22' standard king pin setting.
- Landing Gear : Two-speed, vertical, Holland Atlas 55, No-Lube. Located 92' from 22' king pin.
- Front :Sloped Front End: pre-painted .050' aluminum front skin, single wall construction with extruded aluminum vertical Z-type posts, corner sections, lower front finish rail. Ladder assembly and short catwalk. Two grab handles on header.
- Spare Tire Carrier :Cradle-type between hoppers. Optional at extra cost.
- Sides :Double wall construction; one-piece .050' pre-painted aluminum outside skin; extruded aluminum Z-type side posts; one-piece inside skin. Drain port in rubrails between each side post.
- Rear End :Sloped rear end: single-wall construction. Rear skin is smooth, pre-painted white, with 5 extruded aluminum Z-posts. Two-piece extruded aluminum rear bumper. Ladder assembly and short catwalk. Stirrup step attached to bottom of the rear bumper. Two grab handles on header.
- Binder Bars & Tarp Supports :41' and 43' units have 7 permanent arched aluminum tube binder bars with fall bows at 10' rise. Two 1' wide nylon straps, spaced on 22' centers at center of trailer, serve as tarp supports.
- Lower Hoppers :Two structurally integrated lower two-piece hoppers with extruded aluminum corners and 39-1/4 degree slopes on the side, and 33-1/2 degree slopes on the front and rear are standard. Hoppers have extruded aluminum stiffeners; 2 stiffeners on the front and rear, and 2 stiffeners on the sides. Hoppers are divided equally by a hopper center divider. Four-piece hoppers available as an option.
- Hopper Traps :Two aluminum RollerTrap assemblies have 27-1/8' wide x 31-1/4' long openings. Additional sizes available.
- Trap Assembly Ground Clearance :The standard ground clearance of the trap assemblies is 17' on 11 x 24.5 tires. High ground clearance traps (21' distance) are available.
- Trap Openers :Each trap is opened and closed manually through rollers and twin sets of flexible belts and a removable crank on the driver's side.
- Tarp :Roll tarp with aluminum caps is available as an extra cost option.
- Mud Flaps :Black rubber anti-spray type are standard.
- Lights : Internal Ground System: 12 volt I.C.C. lights with 7-way connector and wiring harness is standard. Two groups of three individual red LED STOP & TURN tail lights are factory sealed. Sealed LED clearance lights have rectangular polycarbonate (Grote Turtleback II) lenses. Combination LED center marker light and turn signal is standard.
- Suspension :H-9700 fabricated, under-mount, welded components with screw adjusted radius rods and 11,200 lb. rating two-leaf springs. Subframe: Steel longmembers and crossbars are standard; aluminum is optional. Haldex automatic slack adjusters are standard.
- Axles :Two: 5' round with 20,000 lb. rating each. Tandem Setting: 49-1/4' from rear bumper to center between axles. Track Width: 71-1/2' on 96' wide; 77-1/2' on 102' wide.
- Brakes :16-1/2' x 7' x 5/8' double anchor pin, air brakes. Less dust shields. EF non-asbestos brake linings. Wabco; 2 sensor, 1 modulator.
- Hubs :Dura-light hub using MacLean-Fogg Axilok spindle nuts, with Stemco hub cap.
- Drums :Cast steel, outboard mount, with Stemco Guardian oil seals.
- Wheels :Eight 8.25 x 24.5 white steel disc. 10 hole hub-piloted wheels are standard.
- Tires :Eight 11-24.5 Bridgestone R-196.
- Finish :All steel components are treated to retard rust, and painted black. King Pin area is treated with rust preventing undercoat. All aluminum components are left natural.
Wilson's open-design king pin area transfers weight to the side rails. With its strong, flexible and clean designs, cross bracing that would otherwise collect debris, add weight and lead to corrosion becomes unnecessary. Unobstructed access to the nose area allows for much easier cleaning and maintenance, plus there is more clearance for truck frames when maneuvering over raised areas.
Wilson uses a Corsol™ coating throughout the king pin assembly. Components treated with Corsol™ become highly chip resistant and galvanically non-conductive so dissimilar metals can be fastened together. This coating permeates the steel to help resist corrosion from the inside out rather than the outside in. For additional protection between dissimilar metals, Wilson adds a polymer material barrier around the perimeter of the king pin component.
Notice the continuation of the standard full length inside skin on the sidewalls. Wilson provides a much cleaner way to haul!
Corsol is a trademark of PRP Industries, Inc.
The smooth one-piece side skin, with corrugations running the full length of the trailer, makes the trailer more streamline – Reducing the drag yields more miles per gallon. The one-piece skin also provides greater strength and flexibility in and out of the field.
Splice sides are available as a popular option.
Larger diameter rivets with larger heads generates greater, more desirable shear strength. Combine this with the uniqueness of Wilson's one-piece inside and outside wall skins and a state-of-the-art maximum side strength is created.
- The smooth side-to-front corner radius design made of polished stainless steel adds to the trailer's stylish looks and makes the trailer aerodynamically more efficient, therefore maximizing fuel efficiency and payload while minimizing your cost per load.
- The deepness of Wilson's front channel, rear channel and side rails is key in the design to provide more strength where it is needed.
- Wilson provides safety items like grab handles, non-skid surfaces on ladders and walkways, safety decals, full-length conspicuity tape and an owner's manual with information for safe operation.
- Registration Holders are standard.
The deepness of Wilson's rear channel, front channel and side rails is key in the design to provide more strength where it is needed.
Long lasting LED lights are standard for all applications of the tail, turn, and clearance lights on the trailer.
Full length inside skins on the sidewalls eliminates material build-up that would otherwise add unnecessary weight in the suspension and kingpin areas. The full-length inside skins play an important part in the structural integrity of the trailers – Structural integrity which is standard on every Wilson grain trailer.
Wilson is standard aluminum landing gear braces. Bracing the landing gear to the 'C' channel and not to the slope sheet adds obvious strength. Also, bracing from the rear reduces obstacles for truck mud flap brackets to catch on and allows for a greater swing clearance. A better weight balance is also achieved for those with long wheel base tractors.
Side vent ports, positioned between each set of side posts, allow the sides to breathe, extend the life of the side wall, and also serve as a useful inspection source.
Wilson's two-piece hopper is standard with 2 stiffeners per side plus corner bracing for a stronger hopper less prone to bulge and sag which causes rivets to loosen and pop. The stiffeners also serve as handy knock rails for sticky product.
Designed with low maintenance in mind, Wilson uses a dependable sealed wiring system backed with the best warranty in the industry. No excess or exposed wiring. It is sealed and protected.
Wilson's larger tandem tubes, identical in size, provide more strength in the suspension area. The tubes are undercoated inside and vented to inhibit corrosion. All metal trailer components are coated with Corsol™ anti-corrosive metal treatment and can be top coated with a liquid paint. For additional protection between dissimilar metals, Wilson adds a polymer material barrier to the connection areas of the assembly.