Compost Cat - Convenient Windrow Composting System
From Farming Systems
Windrow composting in high-rise poultry or hog houses is an old process made better with a Compost Cat. The Cat is driven down each row picking up the substrate, mixing and breaking up large particles, and placing it in the same line. This process is essential for composting, fly control, and eliminating chemical costs. By creating clean tall rows of substrate, an efficient composting environment is formulated, containing heat and maximizing aeration.
- Unique Flow-Thru design: the only windrow composter of its kind keeps the substrate in the same line
- Low wear and maintenance: rugged construction and durable components make for dependable use
- Skid steering: easy to use controls and turn on a dime radius
- Large substrate throughput: dual auger motors and extra beater plow through oversized windrow piles
- Compact design: fits through openings 72' Wide x 80' High
- 45 HP Deutz diesel engine
- Epoxy paint coat
- Center-flow auger head
- Auger diameter 16'
- Custom auger widths 72' to 96'
- Average weight of 5,000 lbs
- Skid steering at 6 mph
- Drag chain conveyor
- 40 gal hydraulic oil capacity