Cytiva - Model HyClone - Cosmic Calf Serum, U.S. origin
A bovine calf serum fortified with iron and growth promoting factors for growing a broad spectrum of cell types.
- Sourced in the USA with complete traceability back to original source
- Age of animal at time of collection approximately 16-24 weeks
- Low in antibodies and high in growth factors
- Virus panel testing according to 9 CFR 113.53
- Supplemented with iron and growth-promoting factors
HyClone Cosmic Calf serum is a high-performing bovine calf serum that has been fortified with iron and a proprietary blend of growth-promoting factors. The result is a naturally derived, high-quality engineered serum that has demonstrated excellent performance with a broad range of cell types.
Cosmic Calf Serum, U.S. origin is filtered through sequential 100 nm (0.1 µm) pore size-rated filters. Before dispensing, each lot of serum is pooled using true pool technology to ensure uniformity and consistency between bottles.
Additional treatments available including heat-inactivation and irradiation. Additional testing, including EMEA-conforming testing, is also available.
- Parameter: Cosmic Calf Serum (U.S.)
- Storage: Sera should be stored at -10°C or lower. Once thawed, sera should be stored at 2° to 8°C.
- Item description: Calf Serum; Cosmic Calf; 100 mL
- Processing: None
- Additional Assays: InsulinGamma GlobulinAlkaline PhosphataseLactate DehydrogenaseSGPTSGOTpHAlbuminBlood Urea NitrogenCreatinineTotal BilirubinSodiumPotassiumCalciumChlorideInorganic PhosphorusIronTIBCPercent SaturationGlucoseIgG
- Sterilization Method: Filtered through sequential 100 nm pore-size rated filters; Gamma Irradiated.
- Tested for: BluetongueBovine AdenovirusBovine ParvovirusBovine RSVBVDVCytopathogenic AgentsHemadsorbing AgentsRabies VirusReovirus
- Sterile: Yes
- Certifications/Compliance: Manufactured in cGMP (21 CFR 820) compliant and ISO9001 certified facilities
- Pack size: 100 mL
- Order code: SH30087.02